Hidjng Slider Posts from blog list

I tried using the solution I found here (https://colorlibsupport.com/t/hide-slider-category-in-posts/) but both the plugin and supplied function caused my site to crash. I’ve created a post category I’ve called “Slide” which I’m using for slider images but I don’t want these posts to show up with the rest of my posts. Is there any way to have them work in the slider but not show up anywhere else?

Thanks Marek

Hey there,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Can you provide the URL to your website so we can have a look at the issue?

Best regards,
Support.

The three olders post “Norther Vancouver Isladnd”, “Central Vancouver Island”, and “Southern Vancouver Island” are all in the category “Slider” and are the ones I’d like to find a way to hide.

Thanks

You can remove slider posts from posts listing by using the child theme solution shared in the following topic.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/exclude-slider-category-on-home-page-and-post-page/#post-58105

Thank you so much. I was already using colorlib-child-theme-135 but I’ve added the “custom_activello_get_single_category” function to my functions.php file and the function call to my content.php file. Where I’m confused is how/where do I define the category I wish to hide?

Thanks again, Marek

You said in your initial reply “I’ve created a post category I’ve called “Slide” which I’m using for slider images but I don’t want these posts to show up with the rest of my posts” but now you are asking “Where I’m confused is how/where do I define the category I wish to hide” so could you please make it clear whether you want to hide slider category or the posts attached to the slider category?

Thank you again for your time and effort. My bad, it was the posts, more then the category, I wanted to hide. Last night I figured out a CSS solution, made possible by your excellent coding. Below is the code I used to remove the three posts (used for slider images) from the front blog page.

#post-2046 {
display: none !important;
}

#post-2045 {
}

#post-1962 {
}

Thanks Again.

Hello there,

I am glad that you created a solution. Nice Work.
Please feel free to contact us again in the future regarding any other issues.

Best Regards,
Support