Ho to delete "Theme by Colorlib powered by Wordpress

Hi guys,
I searched your forum but I could not find an entry for theme shapely of how to get rid of “Theme by Colorlib powered by Wordpress” in the footer. There are some discussions under oother themes, but you mention there that one theme is not like the other…therefore, I open this discussion. Hope you can support me. Thanks.
By the way: Great theme! I really enjoy it!

René

Hi René,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Shapely Options -> Other

.site-info.col-sm-6 {
    display: none;
}

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi, everyone

I’d like to ask if it’s legal to remove “Theme by Colorlib powered by WordPress” in the footer, if I want to use Shapely theme -as it is, not a child theme- for commercial use. I’ve read some other topics, but it’s not clear enough to me.

Thanks in advance!

I’d like to ask if it’s legal to remove “Theme by Colorlib powered by WordPress” in the footer,

Yes it is legal as this theme is licensed under GPL The GNU General Public License v3.0 - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation but it would be great if you maintain it.

Thanks, but this bit of code gets rid of the ENTIRE footer:

.site-info.col-sm-6 {
}

I’d like to be able to place my personal copyright info I white text. Can you help with code to do that?
Thanks again!
ame

hey there

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question :slight_smile:

Please add this css code in appearance - customize - additional css

.footer .footer-credits {
}

for your own copyright text use appearance > customize > footer setting

Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

1 Like

In the footer widget I’ve placed this html code to change the color of the copyright text from the dark body text:

<font color:"#ffffff">Copyright 2018. All Rights Reserved Magic Meadow Rental</font>

It is giving me an error. Can you help me correct it?

Thanks!

Hey there

that code is not right, try something like this:

<p style=”color:#ffffff”>Copyright 2018. All Rights Reserved Magic Meadow Rental</p>

This is still giving me an error and won’t let me save it:
<p style=”color:#ffffff”>Copyright 2018. All Rights Reserved Magic Meadow Rental</p>

I fixed it. Thanks!

<font color="#ffffff">Copyright 2018 Magic Meadow Rental</font>

ame

Hello ame

Interesting, :slight_smile: Can i see the result? please provide url of the page
<font color=”#ffffff”>Copyright 2018 Magic Meadow Rental</font>
this is not proper html markup and you should not use it

Sure, the url is:
http://magicmeadowrental.com/

See footer…

Thanks!
ame

Hi there

The text is rendered but trust me this is not your html markup is working, you have t try what i provided, of course, im not forcing you in any way but this is the wrong html markup :slight_smile:

<p style=“color:white”>Magic Meadow Rental.<br>Copyright 2018.</p>

I wish I could use the code you provided, but it just gives me an error and won’t let me save it. It’s having an issue with the space between the fist p tag and the word style. When I delete the space, it gives me 3 more errors.

Hi there

Ok, can I try this? :slight_smile: please send me your access credentials along with your website URL and I will investigate this case. Don’t forget to mark your reply as private!

Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

Sure thing.

http://magicmeadowrental.com/wp-admin

user: Morebeauty
pass:Magicheals23

Here we go,
this is the code i added, there was a problem in double quotes in previous codes, and fixed it imediatelly :slight_smile:
this markup is for sure better for your website,
<p style=“color:white”>Magic Meadow Rental.<br>Copyright 2018.</p>

Is there anything else for me? :slight_smile:

Wonderful! Thank you. Would love to have the size a bit smaller too. Say 14 points?
Thanks so much!
ame

You can make its size smaller by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS

.footer-widget-area .widget_custom_html p {
    font-size: 14px;
}

Thanks so much. One more questions for you. Can you tell me how to get rid of the dummy text that is in bottom of blog posts? I’ve deleted them in my settings, but they keep rearing their ugly head. See the bottom of my post here:

http://magicmeadowrental.com/2018/01/10/happy-trails/?customize_changeset_uuid=a8d2da98-31f3-443f-832c-6c600b3602c3#more-156

I do not want this text:

The WordPress for Android App Gets a Big Facelift

Upgrade Focus, VideoPress for weddings