Home Page Questions

Hi Movin

Thanks for your help, loving this theme and getting used to the tweaks. I had a couple of questions regarding the home page for my site.

URL: www.forkonaroad.com

1. I’d like to make the […] clickable after each post’s excerpt - right now it’s not clicking through to the post and intuitively several folks have reported that is what they’re clicking on first instead of the headline or image which are clicking out.

2. On the mobile and tablet view, the section sub-links under the headers Photo, Food, Fundamentals do not automatically show and also aren’t highlighted red, the font is dull grey and the user is not able to tell where to click - how do I fix this?

3. I’d like to add a T&C page but don’t want to link from the top navigation but from the footer, is that possible?

4. How do I access the Home page in my WP Editor so that I can update the metadata for the main homepage?

Thank you,

Suman

Hi Suman,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1. I’d like to make the […] clickable after each post’s excerpt – right now it’s not clicking through to the post and intuitively several folks have reported that is what they’re clicking on first instead of the headline or image which are clicking out.

You have to develop custom code to make it clickable.

I am not sure why you have hidden the Read More link on your site and now want to make […] clickable.

You can display the hidden Read More link on your site by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

.blog.home #page .page-1 article div.read-more {
    display: block;
}
2. On the mobile and tablet view, the section sub-links under the headers Photo, Food, Fundamentals do not automatically show and also aren’t highlighted red, the font is dull grey and the user is not able to tell where to click – how do I fix this?

Actually it is displayed on clicking on the hamburger icon as shown in the attached screenshot.

You can check it on Responsinator - forkonaroad.com/

3. I’d like to add a T&C page but don’t want to link from the top navigation but from the footer, is that possible?

You have to develop custom code to achieve this.

4. How do I access the Home page in my WP Editor so that I can update the metadata for the main homepage?

The home page is virtual blog page so you can’t access it in the admin area but you can try using the following plugin to add SEO metadata in that page.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

Thanks for answering Q 1.

For Q2 - I am using the hamburger nav but as you can see this screen shot - the sub-section posts are very faint, grey, how can change the font colour so that is more visible?

For Q3 - Is there any recommended reading I can do to learn how to change this code?

For Q4 - I have downloaded the GetSocial plugin and can use it and edit the metadata for the other posts and pages but can’t do the Home page since it’s not a physical page… How can I influence this page’s social meta data?

Thank you for your help as always.

Suman

Menu file attached.

For Q2 – I am using the hamburger nav but as you can see this screen shot – the sub-section posts are very faint, grey, how can change the font colour so that is more visible?

You can do that by using the below CSS code as described above.

#page .navbar-default .navbar-nav .open .dropdown-menu > li > a {
    color: #636467;
}
For Q3 – Is there any recommended reading I can do to learn how to change this code?

You can refer the solution posted in the following topic.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/footer-links/

For Q4 – I have downloaded the GetSocial plugin and can use it and edit the metadata for the other posts and pages but can’t do the Home page since it’s not a physical page… How can I influence this page’s social meta data?

Talk with the plugin developer or try using this plugin Yoast SEO – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org