HomePage post options not working

Hi all,

I am starting to use WordPress and I have choosen Travelfy for that since it seems to match quite well my needs.

I want to show in the homepage the post of only one category. For that I have created the category Home and I have select it in Homepage Post Options to show “Only posts that belong to the categories selected here will be displayed on the front page.”. However for some reason it does not seem to work.

I dont understand what could be wrong, all the other options for the theme seem to work perfectly except this one. What could it be wrong?.

As a note,

Hi @edson,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I have tested it on my test site using latest version of Travelify theme and found it’s working fine.

Please keep in mind that the Sticky Posts are always displayed on the home page regardless which category you have selected in the theme options.

Could you please share your site URL and tell me which category posts you have selected to display on the home page so that i can troubleshoot it?

This can also be due to plugins conflict so just try temporary deactivating all plugins on your development site.

Kind Regards,
Movin

Hi movin,

Thanks for your answer, this is the link http://web82.extendcp.co.uk/edsan.com/wordpress/

In homepage post options I have chosen home to show. However as you can see the other categories Frejus, Var etc keep appearing. It seems they are not sticky posts, unless this is how they are created by default, since I cannot see that option in my dashboard.

Can you please take a quick look to the site?. Thanks a lot.

Hi @edson,

I could confirm on your site that the posts listed on the home page are not sticky posts.

I think you might have mistakenly selected other categories also in the “Homepage posts categories:” theme option as this option enables you to select multiple categories as shown in the attached screenshot.

To reset these unwanted selected categories you can just select the “Disabled” option in the “Homepage posts categories:” theme option as shown in the second attached screenshot and then save the theme options settings. This will unselect all the selected categories then you can try selecting the appropriate category.

If this doesn’t work for you then try temporary deactivating all plugins and activating them one by one to check whether there is any plugin conflict.

Regards,
Movin

Hi movin,

thanks a lot for your help. I ended up resetting wordpress and installing again the theme and it’s working now!. I don’t know what it was the problem, maybe something that was changed unconsciously through the editor or some other plug in

Anyway now is working fine. Thanks a lot!.

You are always welcome here :slight_smile: