How do I remove a background theme on my blog, which uses the Activello theme?

I was playing around with the background image in Customize >> Background Image, and uploaded a sample image for testing, saved and published it. Now I’m unable to remove it. Can you please let me know how?

My blog is not live yet, as I’m still in the process of setting it up.

Thanks!

Hi @ellecooks,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can remove it by clicking on the Remove button of background image and then save the changes as shown in the attached screenshot.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

The remove button was there right after I uploaded the image, and hit “save and publish”. Then I clicked “remove”, but just left the page without saving.

Now when I go back to the Customize >> Background image settings, the remove button is not there. Please see attached screenshot.

As you can see on the left, the entire background is black, which is from the sample image I uploaded.

Thanks!

I meant as you can see on the right pane…sorry!

I can see in your shared screenshot that the background image is removed and it seems you have set background color to black therefore it is displaying so please change the background color of your site.

Hi Movin,

I didn’t change the background color. The black color is from the sample image I had uploaded (now attached here).

After your latest response, I tested changing the background colour to yellow, then saved it. The background colour remained black. I changed the background colour to white (which was the default), and as you can see in the attached screenshot, the background colour remains black.

Thank you.

Hi,

Hit save, and clear your cache and see that has any affect on the background. If that still didn’t work, please pass us the WP login details in a private reply, so that we can check what is going wrong. Currently there is a landing page on the domain you’re referring.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hi,

I cleared my browser (Chrome) cache in my Chromebook for the last week, but this didn’t solve the problem.

I also logged in and visited my site on another machine (Windows laptop) using Internet Explorer, and I see a black background instead of white.

Please investigate further and have a look at my site:
URL: sparkandspoon.com/wp-login.php
username: [email protected]
password: bananachoco098!

Thank you.

Hi,

Somehow the previous background isn’t removed, so to remove that, I add a new background image, hit save, after that remove the image and hit save. Now the background is White like you selected.

Let us know if you have any other questions,

Thanks,
laranz.

Awesome! You’re as fast as lightning! Thank you for fixing the issue.

You are always welcome here :slight_smile: