How do I set up my blog and have my posts appear on it?

Hi there,

My website is not live yet, it’s www.ezylevel.com for some reason I have 3 ‘blog’ pages, I didn’t create any of them. I just want to know which one to use as my blog home page that will show recent posts. I have one post published. When I go to www.ezylevel.com/blog nothing is displaying.

Please can someone contact me?

Tania

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Go to Settings > Reading select static page and select a page for the homepage/front page and the blog page then go to Pages and delete 2 of the blog pages you do not need. The page being used for the blog will have an indicator telling you it is the blog page.

Best Regards,
Support

Thank you! That’s fixed now. http://ezylevel.com/blog/

I have one more question, I have one blog up but in the blog home page it’s showing the full blog when I’ve place a ‘read more’ separator under the first paragraph. How do I get it to show only the first paragraph in the blog home page?

Also on the home page, how do I get rid of the portfolio section and our latest projects section? I don’t need it for now. http://ezylevel.com/

Hello there,

1. The blog post needs to use an excerpt so edit the post and go to Screen Options on the upper right then enable the excerpt which will allow you to add the excerpt option to the post. After that go to Settings > Reading > For each article in a feed, show and select excerpt.

2. Shapely uses a widget system so go to Appearance > Widgets and remove the portfolio widget from the homepage.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi there

Thanks for your reply! So I went into the post, selected screen options and selected excerpt. I also added in text in the excerpt section at the bottom of the editing screen for the post.

I went into settings, reading, for each article in a feed and I ticked ‘summary’ (there’s nothing that says ‘excerpt’).

I also went into to posts (where all the posts are listed), selected screen options and selected view mode, excerpt view.

I am still seeing the full blog on the blog home page. Can you advise what else I need to do?

Tania