how do you remove categories and post and footer menu

hi
see one.etube.online

all i want to isplay is the image text and top menu
i cannot figure out how to remove the footer section not the categories and post
there are no widgets!! certainly none when you customiz

tia

george

Hi @zubo,

Try to set your page as a static page. Go in Settings> Reading> Front page displays and select from there static page.

Thanks,

Cristian

Christian
you misunderstand what I asked for…
I have replaced your blog picture with a single picture plain color
this displays perfectly… a static page replaces my single color image with slick fancy stuff

I have no posts so I DONT want nothing found displayed… on other themes I can edit the widget area and remove ALL the stuff below my simple picture but you offer none of that… why?? I need all that removed without having to edit your code … how do I do that easily… see one.etube.online

also I am using a Microsoft surface pro ser3 tablet with a surface keyboard

if I goto customizeand hover over your footer widgets I can see a display message shift click to edit… shift click does NOTHING … I NEED ANOTHER WAY TO EDIT AND REMOVE THESE!

can you answer my question please…

Hi @zubo,

Don’t use caps lock please, it’s disturbing. You have two ways to remove the categories and archive:

1. As I said set the page as a static page and remove the “slick fancy stuff” by going to Appearance > Customize> In jumbotron section you could change the picture to your own picture. Click on each section that you don’t want to see and deselect the button show this section
  2. Use a CSS code to remove categories, post and footer menu:
.widget {
    display: none;
}

Paste this code in Appearance > Customize > Aditional css.

Use the section Appearance > Customize > Widgets to edit the widgets

Thanks,

Cristian

thanks Cristian, much appreciated… I also edited the associated code in the php fileto stop NOTHIN FOUND …

one final question please…
Customizing blog options > blog jumbotron titles > use a custom title on the blog archive…
while I like capials here my business would prefer both upper and lower case…

is this possible please…

thanks

george

Hi @zubo,

I am glad that you will not use caps in your blog titles :slight_smile:

Now, you could achieve this by using this css code, just copy and paste it in Appearance > Customize > Aditional css:

#header .bottom-header h2 {
text-transform:none;
}

If Additional CSS doesn’t work try using instead a css plugin. You could download the plugin from here:

Thank you,

Cristian

Cristian

additional css was perfect!!!

thank you very much

george

Cristian

really sorry to bother you with one more question…

look at one.etube.online

with the changes I made it looks really clean but … I am left with a few lines of white space at the footer of the page… I have tried using an image with a1000 pixel height but it makes no fifference… is there any css code I can use???

thanks

george