How to add a link to my main parent menus

Hi All,

I was wondering if you could help me with a couple of things.

• I would like to add internal/exertanl links into my menus to direct people around my site and to social media

• I would like to leave photos and text on my category pages

• I would link to unlink my parent pages that have dropdowns for instance I have a page called destinations I want unlinked but then the continents and countries page should go directly to where I link them

• I want to link my category posts to pages as well how would I go about this

You help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Barry

Hi Barry,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

– I would like to add internal/exertanl links into my menus to direct people around my site and to social media

You can add internal/exertanl links into your menus by creating a custom menu item having internal/exertanl link in their URL field as described on the following page.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Appearance_Menus_Screen#Custom_Links

– I would like to leave photos and text on my category pages

Do you want to display different photo on separate category pages?

If yes then you can achieve this using the following plugin solution.

– I would link to unlink my parent pages that have dropdowns for instance I have a page called destinations I want unlinked but then the continents and countries page should go directly to where I link them

Are you talking about the navigation menu dropdown?

If yes then to unlink your parent pages that have dropdown, you can just create a Custom Link menu item as described above instead of using page menu item.

– I want to link my category posts to pages as well how would I go about this

Do you want to display the category pages URL in the posts displayed on category archive page?

Could you please explain a bit more in detail what you are trying to achieve so that we can help you to achieve it?

Best Regards,
Movin