How to change text colors in sidebar widgets?

Sparkling seems to be a great theme! I am trying to set it up to replace my old twentyeleven theme. A few questions about the sidebar widgets.

1. Most popular posts. How do I change the color of the dates (of type 10 feb, 2013)? The color is so weak that it is hard to read for me. Can I change the color with some CSS addition in Theme Options - Others?
  2. Most popular posts. Can I remove the small pictures to the left of names of the posts. Since only one person is writing in the blog they are not needed.
  3. Latest comments. How do I change the color of the author names? The color is so weak that it is hard to read for me.
  4. Also the text colors in Jetpack widget “Blog subscriptions” and in the widget “Paypal donations” are weak. Can it be that the Sparkling CSS also affects these text colors?

1., 3., 4. Add this code to Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS

First part of the code will change URL color in sidebar and the second part of the code will change regular text color. You can use any color code you want

#secondary .widget a {
    color: #555;
}
#secondary .widget {
    color: #888;
}
  1. Add this to the same Custom CSS field in Theme Options to get rid of these small images for popular post widget.
.popular-posts-wrapper .post .post-image {
    display: none;
}
.popular-posts-wrapper .post .post-content {
    margin-left: 0;
}

Wow, amazing magic! It worked perfect, thank you very much!

Is there a possibility to change the color of the text headers in the side bar widgets in the same way?

Yes, you can change sidebar widget title the same way. Here is an example that will change color to red but you can replace it with any color code you want.

#secondary .widget h3 {
    color: #F00;
}

Use this code via the same Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS field.

You are the master, it worked great! Thank you!

Hi - Is there something like this to also change the background color in the sidebar? Thanks!

@bheiser1

You can change background color for Sparkling WordPress theme by adding this simple CSS to Appearance >> Theme Options >> Other >> Custom CSS. Just make sure to change color code with one that you want to use. This one will change color to gray.

.well {
  background-color: #999;
}

@Aigars, thank you, much appreciated!