How to change text colour and size in main 'homepage' widget

Hi, Loving this theme so thanks very much!

I would really like to make the font bigger and change it to black on the the main homepage widget, as the image i’m using is light - is this possible?

danelliswriting.com - if you are not sure what i mean

thanks
Dan

Hi Dan,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I visited your site but didn’t find what you meant by “main homepage widget” so could you please share the screenshot of it so that i can help you?

Kind Regards,
Movin

Seems like you succeeded in turning the text black- how did you do it?

@saxpiano If you share me your site URL and tell me which text color you want to change then i can help you to change it.

Thanks a bunch. My address is patricklenzmusic.com and I’m trying to alter the white text in the center of the home page.

@saxpiano Thank you for sharing your site URL.

If you want to change text color to black of text as shown in the attached screenshot then you can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Shapely Options -> Other

body.home .top-parallax-section * {
    color: #000;
}

Hello, I am developing a website and loved the theme, however I would like to make some changes.

1 - The white bar menu, I would put it transparent. When rolled down, stay white as original.

2 - I can not put parralax widgets menus. They only get the standard. Take a look in any menu.

Sorry, I used google to translate.

The site apetitebuffet.com.br

hi just thought i’d share how i did it as its different from above

in the css style sheet editor

#shapely_home_parallax-3 h1 {
color: rgb(0,0,0);
font-size: 50px;
}

#shapely_home_parallax-3 p {
color: rgb(0,0,0);
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 18px;
}

it all disappears if you deactivate jetpack though!?

Thanks for sharing the solution here in the forum that will help others.

it all disappears if you deactivate jetpack though!?

May be you have added the shared CSS code in the Jetpack CSS editor so it’s happening. To avoid this you can try adding the CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Shapely Options -> Other

MOVIN - I added the code you provided to change the font to black. Thank you. Two questions, please…

You can see what I’m talking about here:
https://www.evernote.com/l/Ag4SCRCDcwxFmLARo02z14kv9gKTOKZmyUE

1. Would it be possible to make the words “Speed Website Design” bold?

2. Is it possible to make the white band at the top black with white font?

Thank you.

Hi @flavirus, @magentawave,

To help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/shapely/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Cheers,
Movin

I have the activello theme and I am wanting to change the font size throughout the entire theme as it is too small. Would you please provide me with the information on how I can do this please. My website is www.champselite.com.au
Regards
Cherylynne

@champs To help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/activello/ instead of replying on others thread in this shapely theme forum as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Hi everyone,
I read the awesome tips you gave on the topics of changing fonts colour and sizes in activello theme… which I have as well.
I still have issues though…
My issue is that when I go to theme appearence - customize - I don’t have the Shapely Options → OtheR.
I have installed the plugin Simple Custom CSS and inserted the codes you gave for no result.

Can you help me on this.

I created a testing site to learn mastering this topic : mydummytestingsite.siterubix.com

Hi @cykreload,

Please post a new thread with your request and we will answer you there as we want to keep this forum easy to follow.

thanks,

cristian