How to change text from category

Hello,

Can you please let me know how to change the text “Category” and “Archives”. I want to delete them so it only shows the category name or the archive name.
Also what’s the color on press of the header button in the right. I want to change it too.

Thank you.

Hello @pwagner,

To change the default category and archives text please go on inside the WordPress installation folder on your server > wp-content > themes > illdy > inc > template-tags.php

To change the second button background color use this CSS code:

#header .bottom-header .header-button-two {
    background: #f1d204;
}

This should do the trick, let me know otherwise.

Regards

Hi!

I am new to the wordpress/blogging/coding world and have been trying to figure out how to get rid of the “Archives” button entirely for about 3 hours how. I have attempted the following:

“To change the default category and archives text please go on inside the WordPress installation folder on your server > wp-content > themes > illdy > inc > template-tags.php”

In the “inc” folder, there is no “template-tags.php”.

Please help!!! Love the theme, just need help making it work.

Hello Jenna,

I’m sorry that you went through so much trouble with this…
In the latest version of the theme that file is not available anymore, so a new solution needs to be found.

Can you please provide me a screenshot of what text you need to change?
I understand that you are looking to remove the archives text, but I’m not sure if you are using a blog listing as the homepage and you should have a look in this post: https://colorlibsupport.com/t/unable-to-set-blog-as-first-page/

Or you just want to remove the archive from the archive posts, which code I need to dig after as well, due to the recent changes.

Kind regards