How to display selected categories on the front page?

Firstly, thanks for such a sweet theme.

Need your help in the following:

1. how to display only selected categories on my front page?
  2. when i removed the text area for the front page, i am getting the categories displayed twice on the image . How do i remove that category name from the display?

Please advise.

Please treat me as a novice as i am starting to learn :slight_smile:

1. It is not possible by default with this theme and you should look for some plugins that does just that.
  2. Did you follow these instructions? https://colorlibsupport.com/t/how-to-remove-post-area-and-text-area/

There is no way category is shown twice unless you did some changes in HTML/PHP, which is not necessary to make these changes.

When i meant category twice, i meant the label .

With regards to the categories plugin, can you recommend/suggest me one please. Appreciate your efforts here.

I got a good Plugin for category exclusion and it works for me. thanks for the advice.

Can you help me on the other item. I understand that link which you shared is to ensure you remove all the text area. It will work good if posts are with images. however my setup is this way.
I have 2 categories pages, first one is images and text, second one is just text(no images).
When i apply that code, looks like it will hide everything in text area which means, my category which has only text, will not be shown.

Hope i was able to explain you my need. Appreciate your help.

You should style category pages based on their ID. See your website source, there should be something like category-201 and you can apply any previously mentioned changes only for this page.

Which means that now you should apply styles like this:

.category-201 .pinbin-copy {
    display: none;
}

Only category with ID 201 will be affected in this case.

Looks like i am not doing something right… i am not getting the desired results. I am pasting the snapshot of my category page which i want to have only Images displayed without any content , title, date or category name on the front page. When the user clicks the image, he /she should be able to see all the details which were hidden in the front page.

Per the image, i want to remove those highlighted boxes for removing title and post area content of this page, which is a category page.