How to get and echo the Header Image

Hey Aigars,
the reason why I’m bothering you again is to know if it’s possible to get the header image that I’ve specified for every given page and echo it under the page title. The reason why I’m asking these odd placement questions is that the website which I’m constructing is required to be “transparent” without the common horizontal header.
Here’s a page example: “Ολυμπιακή Παιδεία” is the title and i want the image to stretch right under it.
http://www.olympiacamp.gr/olympic-trainship/
Thank you in advance.

This is the code used to output featured image (I guess you are mixing featured images with WordPress custom header, am I right?)

<?php
			if( has_post_thumbnail() ) {
				$image = '';
	     		$title_attribute = apply_filters( 'the_title', get_the_title( $post->ID ) );
	     		$image .= '<figure class="post-featured-image">';
	  			$image .= '<a href="' . get_permalink() . '" title="'.the_title( '', '', false ).'">';
	  			$image .= get_the_post_thumbnail( $post->ID, 'featured', array( 'title' => esc_attr( $title_attribute ), 'alt' => esc_attr( $title_attribute ) ) ).'</a>';
	  			$image .= '</figure>';

echo $image;
	  		}
  			?>

Add this code to content-extensions.php somewhere in travelify_theloop_for_page function depending where you want featured image to be displayed.

Let me know if this is what you wee looking for.

Well, I was referring to the Header Image field which resides in the administration panel but this seems to be working fine too and will do the trick.
Thanks a lot again!

Hello, Aigars,
is it possible to specify different header images for different site categories? i.e.: mydomain.com/CATEGORY/pagename - where each category has its own header image.

Thank you in advance!

You can code your own solution by using <?php is_category( $category ); ?> function (Advanced). You can read more about it on WordPress documentation.

or just use some plugin like WP Display Header.

Thanks, it works! I rated you theme 5 stars on WordPress.org in recognition!

@Nikolay

Thank you for your feedback! I really appreciate it!