How to increase the line height after increasing the font size in Shapely?

Hi.

Great theme by the way. Except I’m just having a bit of trouble. When I increase the font size of the text, the line height seemingly stays the same resulting in lines of text being far too close to each other and it looks very unsightly indeed.

I’ve included a picture to illustrate the issue.

I’m aware that this may be Wordpress issue rather than a problem with your lovely theme but I’m not sure. All the same, I would greatly appreciate any assistance on this.

Thanks in advance.

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Could you please provide a link to your website so that I can inspect the page with the changes that you made?

Best Regards,
Support

Yeah sure. It’s - https://chinaliving.org/teachinchina/

Hello there,

You can use the following CSS code to change the line height by going to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS and pasting it there.

p, span {
    line-height: 35px;
}

Best Regards,
Support

That’s great, thanks. Worked like a charm.

I’m guessing this fix is for all text site wide? Which is fine for now but if I ever require different bodies of text to be have varying line heights, then I’m assuming the solution for this would be a lot more complex?

Hi there,
Thanks for writing back.
Relating to your question here, you would need to use different tags depending on the tags or sections you want to target.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.
Best Regards,
Support.