How to let the featured images for slides not show at the top of the post?

I am new to Sparkling. I like the idea of uploading featured image onto a post to make it to be the slide image for the HOMPAGE. However, my post page looks very bad, as the featured image is showing at the top of the post and it is out of ratio.

Is there any way to not let the featured image show at the top of the post but we can still have it displayed on the Homepage for the head slide image?

Thanks.

Hi @pipeguardtape,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can remove it from single post page by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of the latest version of Sparkling theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS

.single-post img.single-featured {
    display: none;
}

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi, Mvin:

Great! Thank you for the CSS. It works with all my posts, the large featured image which I made for the slider of the home page is no longer displaying at the top of the post.

However, the large images are still shown in the static Blog page that we create to host all posts. Is there anyway such as additional CSS, to eliminate these large featured images in the Blog page?

Many thanks for the best theme of WordPress. Very nice. My site is almost done with your help.

Best regards,

Hi there,

I hope you are having an awesome day and thanks for contacting us regarding your query.

Removing these featured images from the archive pages can be done with the help of some Custom CSS. Kindly provide me with a link to a page with this so that I may be able to write up some CSS that should work for your setup.

Looking forward to your reply :slight_smile:

Cheers!

You can achieve that by using custom plugin shared in the following topic.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/suppress-slider-on-posts-page/#post-24989