How to make a full width & centered header

Hello,
I just created my wordpress page livecheapandtraveloften.com and essentially have no idea what I am doing! The first design type thing I would like to tackle is having my header image be large and the full width of the page as the example for the dazzling theme is. That is what I liked best about the theme demo so I expected it to automatically be like that or be simple to set up that way. I am not sure if it is the image itself I need to change, although I have tried multiple sizes, or some coding issue. I have tried to codes from other posts in this forum with no luck.
Whatever is suggested, please give clear and simple instructions. I suck at technology!

Thanks!

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

I’m currently on your site and I’m not seeing the image that you’d like to have full screen on your site.
In regards to the header image, I’m not sure that was actually shown in the demo (please correct me if I’m wrong).

Here’s the dazzling demo: https://colorlib.com/dazzling/

If you’d like to get the logo to be full width, however, you may add and save the following code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS (from the WordPress dashboard):

div#logo img {
    width: 1024px!Important;
    margin: 0 auto!Important;
}

Please note that you’ll need to actually upload a much larger image to get this working perfectly.

In order to make your site full width, you’ll need to go (From the WordPress admin dashboard) to Appearance > Customize > Dazzling Options > Layout Options > Website Layout Options and choose the full-width layout from the dropdown.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Hey there,

Did you manage to get this issue resolved?

Just asking so that I may provide some additional support, or close the ticket.

Please let me know.

I look forward to your reply :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Sorry for the late response. Yes, that made the image be full width. Thank you. Now I am trying to solve the issue of the image being blurry. I am tweaking and retweaking the image until I find the right size.
I am now having an issue with the sidebar. When I edit the setting for the sidebar, nothing happens. I change it to a left sidebar and nothing happens. I would also like to be able to change the font size of the headings but have so far only found where to change the general text size in the typeography settings.

Hey there,

You may use the plugin linked below to regenerate and optimize your images:

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support