How to make post entry title H1 instead of H2?

I love the theme and wondered if there was a way of making the entry title on a post H1 instead of H2 for SEO purposes?

If its possible how would I then make the site title NOT H1? so I wouldn’t have two H1’s on every blog post?

TO change H2 tag to h1 for your entries you should change it on content-extensions.php file which is located in theme folder - library - structure.

You need to edit it inside travelify_theloop_for_single

To change website title tag, you should edit file header-extensions.php located in the same folder.

Find

<h1 id="site-title"> 
<a href="<?php echo esc_url( home_url( '/' ) ); ?>" title="<?php echo esc_attr( get_bloginfo( 'name', 'display' ) ); ?>" rel="home">
<?php bloginfo( 'name' ); ?>
	</a>
</h1>

And change code accordingly.

Hi Aigars, thanks for the quick reply and that worked perfectly. Should I be making the changes via a child theme or am I ok just editing the files directly?

It is always better to get this done via Child Theme to make your changes update-safe.

For the first part you will have to copy the entire function travelify_theloop_for_single to Child Theme functions.php and make necessary changes to it.

For the second part you will have to remove function travelify_headerdetails via functions.php and create a new one which would basically be the same function except these few changes. Happy coding :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help and the quick reply Aigars, and excellent looking theme! :slight_smile:

Hi Aigars,

I’m not well versed with coding. So could you please help me out with the changes step-by-step. Because it is very important for me to change the default settings into the above settings. Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks