How to make Travelify theme in full-width with sidebar

Hi,

I have applied this theme on my photo blog. The issue is that right now there is lot of empty white space on around both the columns. I would like it to be almost full width so that my pictures could show bigger. How can we do that?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-1ZLlNyC7c34/VGxclCv24wI/AAAAAAAAJc0/Cd76hhDBQrY/s1600/wordpress.JPG

Regards,
Khabbab

Add this code to Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS. You can feel free to tweak width to get the results you were looking for.

.wrapper {
    max-width: 1440px;
}

.container {
    max-width: 100%;
    padding: 0 30px;
}

.attachment-featured.wp-post-image {
    width: 100%;
}

.post-featured-image {
    max-width: 100%;
}

.slides img {
    width: 100%;
}

Thank you, your answer was helpful. Can i add custom header image instead of slider? Like an 800 x 600 header image but responsive. Can this be done in this theme or any other free theme or yours?

Yes, you can use Custom Header image option which is available under Appearance - Header. But 800px by 600px would be way too small as now your website is stretched in almost full width, so you need image that would cover the entire area as well.

Thank you, can i use above custom CSS in other themes like sparkling for making it full width?

No, each theme is different. If you decide to use other theme just start a new thread and I will help you from there.

Noted, thank you.

Hello,

This works well for me as well in terms of expanding the width to cover the whole page. However, when I do that, the height of my pictures now go past the screen. Is there a way to adjust the height as well?

thanks!

@twygee

Please start you own thread. This one is really old and already marked as resolved.

Sorry for inconvenience.