How to remove Latest News section?

Hi,
I want to know how to remove Latest News section from my theme. There are total 8 sections in Illdy. When I go to Customize >> Latest News Section and select not to show that section, it still shows up in the drop down list at General Options >> Sections Order. It still asks me to choose from 8 sections. How to disable that section?

Hello,

You should un-check the Show this Section in Appearances > Customize > Latest news.

Let me know if you got it alright and if everything is working as expected.

Regards

Yes I have already unchecked that box. But as I said in my thread:

When I go to Customize >> Latest News Section and select not to show that section, it still shows up in the drop down list at General Options >> Sections Order. It still asks me to choose from 8 sections.

What should I do?

It seems like on my environment all I have to do is to uncheck the box and the news section will disappear from the live website.

Is it not working the same for you?

I get where you’re coming from, displaying the disabled section in the section order might get confusing, but it should not and will not appear on the live website.

Let me know more about it.

Regards

Ok I figured out what the problem was.
The reason that section was showing up was because I did not delete the content inside that section. After I deleted all of the content in that section, it was gone.
Thanks

That’s great insight, I’m happy that you figured it out after all.

Bests