How to set up the Homepage ...

Hi,

I really like the Shapely theme, but I’m finding it difficult to set up the homepage.
In the widget control panel, I chose all the Shapely widgets. However, they don’t appear on my homepage. Also, I can’t seem to find the documentation …

Thank you in advance,

Fred2Fish

Hi Fred2Fish,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

To configure the theme first of all set static front page in your site Reading Settings and set page template of that page to “Home Page” in the page edit screen.

Then in the Widgets screen add the theme widgets in the Home Page sidebar and configure it as shown in the attached screenshot.

Also see the reply posted in the following topic.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/when-will-documentation-be-live/#post-49956

We are creating the theme documentation which will be available on the following page shortly.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

I did do all the things you list, as you can see in my screenshots below.
However, this has no result on the frontoffice.

Fred2Fish

I can’t either… I don’t have a “Home Page” to choose… Do i have to create a new page with a specific name “Home Page” and then choose that new page to a static front page?

@Fred2Fish please make sure that you have configured the Home Page as described above.

@luismscarvalho Yes you are right.

Hello, I have the same issue. Here’s what I did.

1. I created a page called “Home Page”
  2. I went to Reading Settings and chose “A static page” and set the Front page as the created “Home Page”
  3. I went to Widgets and placed some widgets in the area called Homepage.

I still don’t see any widgets on my frontpage. Is it because I have to configure my page “Home Page”?

What should I do from here?

I found the solution!

Following my last post here’s step number 4.

1. I went to my page called “Home Page” and go to Page Attributes and click the dropdown saying Template - then choose “Home Page”.

Done!

@zsolt Awesome great to see you got that found.

Please advise if you have more questions in your separate topic.

Have a fantastic day!

Hi Movin ,

Thankk for the theme wonderful .
I want please to put lightbox popup in Button 1 or 2 in PArallax section so have something lik the “How it works” of www.airbnb.com Homepage .
I cannot put shortcde in Link1 or 2 of the button ??
Thanks for help

Hi Movin

Can you please help me with the homepage parralax section? I can’t get the image to sit behind the text and buttons. I have tried all of the image positions.

Thanks

I’ve worked it out! :slight_smile: thanks anyway.

Hi @faycal42,

To help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/shapely/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Thanks,
Movin

@rosef Glad you have made it worked :slight_smile:

Hi…

I´m trying to chose a page to set as a homepage of my site with parralax section, but i can´t.
When i’m editing the page (homepage), doesn’t appear the MODELO (in portuguese) / PAGE TAMPLATE to choose… as image shows…

PS: I have already set everything well a few days ago. During those days it was everything alright. But maybe i have clicked some place and now, i have lost the homepage… :slight_smile:

@luismscarvalho Doesn’t you get the Home Page Template on clicking on that template drop down as shown in the attached screenshot?

If not then would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by checking the option “Set as private reply” when replying to this topic?

Hi,

Thanks for the attention and for trying to solve the problem. Sorry for the delay of my answer. The website is ok now. I think the problem was mine. I think i had some problem on the code of the template child.

First, the website was ok, then the problem appears (i think) when i was trying to put a image on the homepage, by mistake (down on the right - setting the main/principal (?) image. Then i removed image, but the text “Default Image” and “Home Page” disapear.

The problem appears only with the child-theme. That’s why , i thought the problem was there. I made a new one and… made it! It works again!!!

PS: sorry for my english. I hope you understood what i want to report tou you.

Thanks again! Your theme is great :slight_smile:

By the way, the website is www.radioalternativa21.pt

I’m having the same problem, this is making me nuts!
I cannot see my parallax wigdets in the home page.
this is my site:www.ontdektriglav.be

I found the solution!

Following my last post here’s step number 4.

1. I went to my page called “Home Page” and go to Page Attributes and click the dropdown saying Template – then choose “Home Page”.

Done!

Well, my dropdown is not “Template” but “Parent”. If I go down there I don’t find the “Home Page”.

Well, my dropdown is not “Template” but “Parent”. If I go down there I don’t find the “Home Page”.

@mathieu I am not sure what you are doing but you have to do as displayed in the attached screenshot.