How to translate text on button

Hi
At first, I have to thank you for this great theme and also for the great support. I am using Activello theme on WordPress in Swedish language. I have translated Activello theme to Swedish with Loco Translate. But still I notice that the ”search” form in the header, search button in sidebar “Search” “SEARCH”, comment box “Comment” and ”POST REPLY” button is not translated in my language. How do I change the text of button?

I have tride to use CCS and SayWhat? WordPress plugin.
function colorlib_gettext_with_context( $translated_text, $untranslated_text, $domain ) { if ( trim($translated_text) == ‘Leave a Reply’ ) { $translated_text = ‘Add your custom text here’; } return $translated_text; } add_filter( ‘gettext’, ‘colorlib_gettext_with_context’, 10, 3 );

function colorlib_change_translate_text( $translated_text, $text, $domain ) { if ( $domain == ‘activello’ && trim($translated_text) == ‘No comments yet’ ) { $translated_text = ‘Brak komentarzy’; }
return $translated_text; } add_filter( ‘gettext’, ‘colorlib_change_translate_text’, 20, 3 );

Can you please advise me how to do this? I’ve searched the forums I can’t find an answer.
Thank you. // Lajla

Hey there,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Say What normally works, below are the necessary configuration
Say What Plugin

Once you have installed and activated the plugin you may navigate to Tools>Text Changes>Add New within your WordPress Dashboard and configure the fields as illustrated below.

Original string: Search
Text domain: activello
Text context:
Replacement string: text you want

Please verify this is what you tired.

Best regards,
Support.

Thank you,
Say What? didn’t work for it.
Say What?
Do you know how to fix it please?

Thank you so much. Lajla

I have the same problem. I have also tried translation of the theme and with the “Say What”-plugin. The search box in the body section is translated - but not the placeholder-text of the search box in the header!??

Please try using the below plugin to change the text.

Hi Movin
“It doesn’t work.” I can live with no translation on Search buttons.
I am very new to web development. Is it possible to get the leave a comment box displayed by clicking a link that disappears when I submit the comment. That way I get around the problem of no translation of COMMENTS.

All the best //Lajla

@Lajla Could you please tell me which plugin you are using and share me the screenshot of how you are using it to translate the text?

Hi Movin,
I am using Loco Translate

Thank you //Lajla

Then as described above have you tried using the following plugin?

Finally, I found by myself the solution to the translation of the text in the search-box in the header.
To change the text, edit the functions.php file in the root of your Activello theme.

Find this text-string near the bottom of the file:
placeholder = "’. esc_attr_x (’ Search ‘,’ search placeholder ‘,’ activello ‘)
….and change it to:
placeholder = "’. esc_attr_x (’ SÖ K ‘,’ search placeholder ‘,’ activello ')

Once you’ve uploaded the edited file to your website, the problem is solved.
However, remember that your correction will be overwritten if and when you update the theme in the future (… but hopefully a future update will contain translation of this text :slight_smile: ).

Best regards,
Martin C, Denmark

By the way …
The search box in my sidebar has been translated without any problems. I have used Poedit for the translation.
Nor do the comment text cause problems …maybe because I’m using a comment plugin on the site !?
Yours,
Martin C

To write Ö In functions.php, you need to use html-code.
I see now that the code in my comment (for natural reasons) has been replaced with the letter itself.
Replace with: AND-sign (&) followed by Ouml;
So…; SÖK is written as: S[&]Ouml;K (without the brackets). :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Yours,
Martin C

@Lajla,
It’s not my intention to spam !!
…but I took a closer look at your screen clips (from October 8. 2017 at 8:16 pm), where you show your translation. It seems to me that you translate something other than the Activello-theme (maybe Loco Translate itself?). Could that be the reason for the lack of success?
The template you need is: …\wp-content\themes\activello\languages\activello.pot
And it is to the same folder, your .po and .mo files must be placed after translation.
Just a thought…
//Martin C

@martindk Glad you changed it in the theme file but please note you are making changes in the theme files therefore you have to make these changes again after theme updation as changes made in the theme files get lost on theme updation.

@Movin
I know!
That’s why I wrote: “However, remember that your correction will be overwritten if and when you update the theme in the future (… but hopefully a future update will contain translation of this text ? ).” :wink:

@movin
By the way; You are welcome to get my Danish translation if you are interested !? However, I’m not sure what the correct procedure is - can I just send the files per. Email or attach them here?
Since I myself use your very nice theme for my blog, I have done my best with the translation :slight_smile: … but I have not yet tested everything in the right context. Therefore, there may be more appropriate suggestions for a few sentences. I’m however sure it’s reasonably accurate and understandable – and I would like to share if you want it.
Best regards
Martin C

Hey there,

You may take a look at this awesome plugin that allows you to translate single words or sentences.

Say What Plugin

Once you have installed and activated the plugin you may navigate to Tools>Text Changes>Add New within your WordPress Dashboard and configure the fields as illustrated below.

Original string: (English Text)
Text domain: activello
Text context:
Replacement string: (Danish Text)

Please let me know if there are any more questions that I can answer for you.

Best regards,
Support.

I do not know why you would think, I’m interested in a translation plugin.
Have you actually read my comments?
I’m just trying to help and share…
But thanks anyway! :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Martin C.

NB: A translation-plugin would not solve the problem, described by Laila regarding the text in the header search-box, as this text is not selected for translation.

Hey @martindk

Absolutely misread your comment for sure.
We apologize and thank you for sharing your interest in improving the theme by sharing your translation.
I’ll pass this on to the developer as well.

Best regards,
Support

Perfect, that worked! Thanks so much for your help, really appreciate it.
This forum is really great. Lajla