I cannot customize Sparkling WordPress theme! From any menu

Yes, I’ve heard I have to go to Themes=> Customize, but I get the “white screen of death” every time; a totally blank page. Doesn’t matter where in wordpress I try to customize anything on Sparkling, I have wordpress 4.4.1. I could customize a couple of weeks ago, but certainly not now.

Do you got the child theme installed?

If you got the child theme > switch to the offical > change settings > change to child again.

Hi @Mr.Yuck,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting here.

As suggested by @taro above this can be your child theme issue.

To confirm it just temporary use the Sparkling theme instead of child theme on your site. If everything works fine then it’s your child theme issue so just share me your child theme so that i can troubleshoot it.

This can also be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Kind Regards,
Movin

Hy movin, hope you doing fine.

Hey i got new problem now, i cant see my google adsense ads, it woz getting displayed earlier, but its not showing nowdays. I thought its an issue of using adsense plugin and using widget for placing ads simultaneously, so deleted plugin. but stil proble exists. even my ads are getting displayed in adsense sandbox. searched a lot. disabled all plugins, but still cant figure out whats the problem. please can you help me out?

Anil
www.ingeniousindeed.com

Clearing my cache only helped once. White screen of death, next time. I’ll try the plug in thing. My blog is a mess, my Google Analytics no longer work. Unless 0 or 1 people are visiting daily for the last month. :slight_smile:

Hi @anil2941985,

To help keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/sparkling/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Thanks,
Movin

Hi, I am having the same problem. Please can you let me know how to fix it?

I have only just d/l Sparkling and haven’t been able to access the customise option at all - just the white screen as mentioned.

Thanks

Eva

Hi Eva,

Have you checked for plugin conflict on your site as i have described previously in my following reply.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/cannot-customize-sparkling-wordpress-theme-menu/#post-42189

Regards,
Movin

Thanks Movin, I have disabled all of the plugins but now get this message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method WP_Customize_Manager::add_panel() in /www/sites/b40/422/www.francopolishedplaster.co.uk/web/wp-content/themes/sparkling/inc/customizer.php on line 26

Hi Eva,

Could you please tell me which version of WordPress you are using?

Because add_panel function which is called undefined in your shared error message is declared in the WordPress 4.0.0 so please make sure you are using latest version of WordPress.

Regards,
Movin