I need to change the primary Menu basic white color into black

Hi,
I have added header image with white background and the primary menu’s basic colour is white and if we take courser to that menu it turns into another colour red or anything, I need to change the primary colour which is white into “black”. Can you please guide me. I have attached three screen shot. In screen shot 1 menu are there but due to in white color we are not able to see, in screen shot 2 I have selected all the menu options then it has been highlighted in blue colour, and in screen shot 3 I have only highlighted 3 menu option in blue colour and rest are not visible due to basic colour is white. I need to change into black.

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

You can use the following CSS code to change the menu color by going to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS and pasting it there.

/*Menu color*/
#header .top-header .header-navigation ul li a {
    color: black;
}

#header .top-header .header-navigation ul li:hover a {
    color: black;
    text-decoration: none;
}

Best Regards,
Support

I have tried this CSS code and the primary header background colour did not change.
How do I change the background colour f my primary header - the one at the very top of the page?
Thanks

Hi there

i need to see your live website, please provide url and i will take a look

url is www.simplefreshwellness.com

I would like the top menu to be a light grey #cecece

Hello there,

Try using this CSS to change the color:

/*Menu color*/
.navbar-default .navbar-nav> li> a {
    color: #cecece;
}

Best Regards,
Support

I think it changed the word colour but I want the background colour to change. Instead of white i want it to be the light grey like the footer background colour.

Hello there,

Try this:

/*Menu background color*/
.navbar.navbar-default {
    background-color: #f2f2f2;
}

Best Regards,
Support

thank you. that worked :slight_smile:

Hello there,

I am glad the solution worked for you.
Please feel free to contact us again in the future regarding any other issues.

Best Regards,
Support