I need to show only my sidebar on frontpage. No content and possibly no footer

Newbie here, please bear with me. I’m using wordpress 4.1 with the Sparkling theme. Have very little wordpress php coding knowledge. I installed a responsive fullwidth background slider plugin. For my frontpage / homepage, While using the fullwidth background slider, I plan to show only my header with primary menu which is on top and a secondary menu in a sidebar. The other pages and posts may show content of course but without the slider. I don’t need to show homepage content and footers for this front page design. How can I do that? Thanks and cheers.

p.s. Not sure if this can be done from the wordpress core, but maybe it can be done from the theme itself.

It would be very helpful if you could post your website URL, that way I could provide you with more accurate suggestions.

If you are using static front page and you want to hide only content area while leaving sidebar in place you can add this code to Appearance - Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS.

.home #primary {
    display: none;
}

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Okay, I will try that. Thanks. Sorry, but this test site is currently not online. It’s running in my localhost for now.

It worked. Thanks a lot. I added one more to hide the footer so the full width background slider is more prominent for this home page.

.home #primary {
}

.home #footer-area {
}