Illdy Team short/expand text

Hi there!
Please can u help me with customizing Illdy theme by CSS ? In my team section I have some long info about person, so i want to hide part of the text, and uncover it until you click on an arrow or read more. Some plugin, shortcode or another idea to deal with it ?

Thanks for info ! :slight_smile:

Hi there,
Thanks for reaching out.
In relation to your question here, I’m currently not in a position to recommend a plugin that is compatible with the theme, of which can achieve what you desire here. This is something that would entail a bit of custom work of which is something beyond the scope of our support. I would recommend services from Envato Studio (https://colorlib.com/out/envatostudio).

Pleas let us know if you have any more questions.
Best Regards,
Support.

HI!

I try this way - in WP- Customize Team - Edit member - HTML - i write this -

<span style=“color: white;”>Tetuju od roku 2000 a specializuju se na custom neotraditional tattoo větších rozměrů. </span>

<button class=“collapsible”>… read more </button>

<button>
… read more
</button>

Patřím k (rest of long text)… vytvořil.

• So i create two (type of?) buttons (in customize or css editor looks like photo 1 ) - in browser looks different (photo 2) and i dont know how to create button collapsible funkcion ?

I try do it with CSS but no success … I found some recipe but I do not know exactly where to write “java function”. In the Css editor or Customize it does not work for some reason (maybe I’m doing something wrong).

Where i write that? :

<html>
<head>
<meta name=“viewport” content=“width=device-width, initial-scale=1”>
<style>
.collapsible {
background-color: #777;
color: white;
cursor: pointer;
padding: 18px;
width: 100%;
border: none;
text-align: left;
outline: none;
font-size: 15px;
}

.active, .collapsible:hover {
background-color: #555;
}

.content {
padding: 0 18px;
display: none;
overflow: hidden;
background-color: #f1f1f1;
}
</style>
</head>
<body>

<p>Tetuju od roku 2000 a specializuju se na custom neotraditional tattoo větších rozměrů. </p>
<button class=“collapsible”>… read more</button>

Patřím k předním …(long text)… posledních letech vytvořil…

var coll = document.getElementsByClassName(“collapsible”);
var i;

for (i = 0; i

</body>
</html>

(Java funcion in image 3 )

… I will appreciate any advice or help.

There is my another Accordion try -> 1 image in CSS editor, 2 image what I see in browser .

Hi there,
Thanks for keeping in touch.
As previously outlined, I’m afraid your request here will require some custom work. This is something that is beyond the scope of our support. Also, I do not suppose your codes will work as you may need to have this implemented within the theme files.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Best Regards,
Support.

I do lots of work on my web, and customizing Illdy theme - that´s last step on my long way.

I just need to know where to insert the accordion function. I see that there are jQuerry files in the FTP - including an accordion.min.js . I do not want to create some problem in Java files, so I hope you can tell me where I put it. I did a great things on my website, and spend lots of ftime on customizing theme , and I do not want to pay 50$ per hour, for one little thing at the end, if u understand me :slight_smile: .At this point I have an accordion created in HTML (and little css customize ) and I just have to add a “moving” function ( toggle / active / function/ collapsible ) .

Thank’s for every help, tip or opinion ! :slight_smile:

HI

Show me your website

FREIHAND TATTOO

HI

I see you are good with coding, check this example, you don’t need JAVA here, only a small piece of jquery which is already loaded in WordPress, use toggle function in your example, you even not need to use accordion html markup, just one simple div with a custom class
https://www.w3schools.com/jquery/jquery_hide_show.asp

Hi,
thank you very much for the answer and the advice - direction “how”. I think that “just a small piece of jquery” and “just one simple div with a custom class” make me that problem .I understand what you are talking about, but try to understand me too - I feel that at the moment I am mainly struggling with the limitations that are implemented in Illdy theme.Why I can’t redirect blog posts to my custom link or create simply … read more in Customizer or WP text editor, or help with some plugin shortcode? I thought the theme was free, and it should be helpful to all of us, especially people like me , who do not have any IT education, but with a little effort they would like to create a nice, easy-to-use and functional websites, and they didn’t want to start at the beginning, from zero (empty page) .
My job, which I do daily, is something completely different, and I “learned”coding just only for this one page. but I still have the absolute minimum of knowledge and continuity in this field - so I decided to write here (and I believe I have adequately described what I have for the problem), and it isn’ color title text as many other topics here. So I still continue with try to find out what custom class <div> u mean, to use toggle the function to really work properly. If you find another way to solve this problem, I will be glad to work on it !

Thanks again for any help!

Hello

Wait, wait, wait…

1. “Why I can’t redirect blog posts to my custom link or create simply … read more in Customizer or WP text editor” - First of all, this is not theme limitation, any normal theme functions like this, if you click on read more link you ill be redirected to the post, this is normal behavior in the nature and if you need something specific then go ahead an customize it, its WordPress and its open source, if you want something special just do it, but you can’t require it

2. “I thought the theme was free, and it should be helpful to all of us,” - Theme is free, have you paid anything by using it? support is free and not seeing all these benefits I think we can’t appreciate

Wanted to help you with pleasure but after your altitude, i lost motivation little bit :slight_smile:
anyway, I will do my best, send me your admin details here privately