Illdy theme all customization lost after removing page

Hey.
I was really enjoying “Illdy” theme and how easy it was to create a really good looking site customizing demo template.
After I was nearly done with my site i decided to remove scrap pages via wp-admin interface and after during that all the customization I have done before was gone and even after restoring those pages all I was left with was the initial blank theme without demo content.
All demo content that was before with it’s “About” sections, “Testimonials”, “Services”, etc. was gone.
I can’t even enable demo content and start over anymore.
Is there a way to return my customization back?
Is that normal? Do I lose all the customization every time I delete my pages?

Hi there

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question :slight_smile:
Nope, by deleting pages, posts, portfolios and other post types you will not affect customization, most probably something else happened, deleted pages and posts can be restored from the trash, check trash link at the top of the list of pages/posts
unfortunately, there is no way to restore customization setting :frowning:

Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

Thanks for answering!
Is there a way to install demo content again and start from there?
I have reinstalled “Illdy companion” plugin and the theme itself but couldn’t call the demo content installer.
Is there anything I can do to get that content again?

I just had the exact same problem. How is there no way to revert back to what I had?
I had a lot of work on there, and now it’s all gone and back to the demo version with no content.

Is there a way to go back to a previous saved version? This really doesn’t make sense and is very frustrating. If you can respond as soon as possible that would be great.

Thank you very much.

Hi @mrgrafix,

Like Noda replied previously, the reverting of the site to an earlier state was likely caused by something else and not the theme because deleting posts and pages should not do this. Most likely there was something else that caused this like a backup plugin restoring the site to an earlier state or a server restore.

@moda - to reinstall the demo content could you go to appearance \ about Illdy - import demo content.

Hope this clears things up.

Hi thank you for getting back to us so quickly.

I just have 2 questions please.

1. I’m not sure which plugin can do this, but how would I know this won’t happen again in the future? Is there something that I can install, for free?

2. Your reply to Moda, states that we need to go to “appearance \ about Illdy – import demo content”. But when I went there, there’s no part that says “Import Demo Content”. (Please see screenshot attached). I checked all 4 tabs. Is there somewhere else we need to go?

Thanks so much. I really appreciate it.

Yea, there’s no option for installing demo content enymore.
Even after reinstalling Illdy helper plugin and the theme itself.
Not sure I’ll want to use this knowing that all my customization can be lost in a single move…

Yup same here. Unless there’s a widget or app to prevent this from happening. Hopefully they can find a solution.

Hi there

1. there is no such plugin to prevent such unexpected things, you can use only backup plugins to backup your website in case you are planning to do some change,
    you can use any backup plugin of your choice, i recommend UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org
  2. demo installation option is available only on fresh WordPress installation its disabled after you imported demo once

Thank you very much!

Nice, can we mark this question as a resolved?

Yea. Do I need to do something? :slight_smile:

Hey there moda,

No worries, we’ll close and mark resolve for you :slight_smile:

Reach out to us again if you need anymore assistance.

Best Regards,
Support