Images didn't show in homepage

Hello there,

I found that the image in the heading and parallax section of my homepage cannot be displayed. But when I changed it in the customization it showed up again. However when I click save it disappeared.

I have cleared the cache in wordpress and my browser but this problem still exists.

Can anyone help? Please see the attachments.

Hi,

Can you try disable all the plugins and refresh the cache and see that changes anything. For me, it seems some plugin compatibility issue.

If that works, try enable plugins one by one and see which cause it.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hello Laranz, I found the plugin. It’s Elementor. It says “Sorry, the content area was not found in your page. You must call the_content function in the current template, in order for Elementor to work on this page.”

The solution they gave is:
Add the_content function into the page template’s code.
This is the line you need to add:<?php the_content(); ?>
If you are not familiar with where to place this code or how to add it to the page, please contact your website developer so it can be implemented properly as we cannot provide full support for that.

See https://docs.elementor.com/article/56-content-area-not-found

Can you help me with that?

Hi,

I didn’t understand, can you be more specific?

I tried installing the plugin in my local, and I can use the Parallax widget to display the top image in my site, and the image shows just fine. Can you give us steps to recreate the issue?

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hello

I don’t even know how it occurred, I hadn’t logged on the backstage of my website for few months and it notified me to update my wp and plugins. But before I updated the images have already disappeared. I used your method to discover which plugin caused this issue and it directed me there. If I deactivated Elementor the images come back, but I cannot edit the homepage or some pages in Elementor because it says I missed the content.

Should I delete Elementor and reinstall it? But then all my previous works might be gone so I really don’t want to do that.

Hi,

Our home page is built via Widgets, so only it shows error like the content it missing you can ignore those warning, but in presence of the plugin that cause the issue means, is the plugin up-to-date? Can you pass us the WP Login details, so that we can check what is going wrong when the plugin is enabled?

PS: I have that plugin in my local setup installed and activated, and all are working just fine including the parallax image in the top.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hello

I just updated Elementor to its latest version, but the problem still exists. Besides I found that when I click any project in the portfolio section in my homepage, it cannot direct to the project, instead they linked back to homepage. I don’t know when it occurs but I didn’t do anything on the widget.

http://sunpark.club/wp-admin
WP login: [email protected]
pw: Sunpark2017

Let me know if you could finish the problem, because we are usually not allowed to give login details…

Hi,

Last two things we can try,

1. Try update PHP version to the latest in your host. If that didn’t help, then
  2. Please contact elementor support using this email id [email protected] with the issue. They are happy to assist you.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.