In need of a little direction and help with the ‘Mag’ bootstrap template

Hi all. I am new to working with templates utilizing bootstrap and completely out of practice with the other types. Believe it or not, I’ve actually had no trouble making some of the customizations to the Mag template, until now. I have been through all the files and for the life of me, I cannot figure out what is controlling the “views/likes/comments” under the videos/posts. I have done some researching and believe it may have something to do with the YouTube API. However, I do not know which of the files included with the template contains the information I need to edit. I may have to create files on my own and figure out what to do from there. If anyone on the forum could provide some insight as to which file(s) these edits would need to be made in it would be a great help to me. I may be in the wrong path all together. I just don’t know. Please know that your assistance is greatly appreciated.

P.S. I finally figured out how to post in the forum. The area to do so wasn’t showing up on my laptop. But I logged in on my phone and there it was . ??

Hey there

thank you for question and you are welcome on the board :slight_smile:

Your question - well, HTML templates does not have inner functionality, there are no functions to work with views, likes, comments, mail sending function, subscribe box, all these fileds are not working by default because there is no database connected to HTML templates, there is no dashboard to control them like in CMS.
you have to create such functionality yourself, this is totally up to you

there is a form at the bottom of this page:

Noda,
Thank you so much for the reply and the welcome. Glad to know I wasn’t crazy. That I really couldn’t find the information to edit. So it’s likely a CMS with plug-in that would allow the functions I need based on your reply. I’ll have a look at the tutorial. Thank you again for getting back to me. Have a great day. :slight_smile:

Thank you too :slight_smile:

Let us know if you have any question

Hello again. After researching it appears this could in fact be done with the YouTube API. However, the scripts that i have found on stackoverflow I can not figure out and most are deprecated now. I think a couple of the javascripts might work if I could figure out how to actually call the script correctly in the template and have it display the data where I need it to go. I only have one day left on the trial software to try and at least finish this part up. I could probably handle the rest in a non-visual editor. Is there any other documentation on this template available somewhere on the Internet that would show how how to get the back-end functionality? I researched Wordpress, but trying to convert this template to Wordpress is way beyond my level of understanding. Not sure it would give me the functionality after all the work even still. Any further insight or direction you can give to help me accomplish this last hurdle is much appreciated. I apologize if this is well beyond the scope of this support forum in advance. I have done all the research I can and have nowhere else to turn at this point. Have a great day. :slight_smile:

Hey there

Sorry but im not cleary about Youtube API key you mentioned,
There are many ways to work with HMLT templates, my suggestion is to start from this one:
https://www.w3schools.com/html/