Increase amount of words on blog title

Hi,

My blog titles are limited to only 9 words instead of 55 characters. I tried to see if I can adjust this in the wp-includes/formatting.php but I can’t find any reference to it limiting it nor in functions.php.

Is the limit set by the theme. I am using Shapely. I could give you a link to the web-page if necessary so you can verify what I am talking about.

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Greets

Hi there

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question :slight_smile:
Yes, please provide a link to the page where we can see the problem
Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

Hi,

Thank you for your response. Here a link of the page where I am talking about:

Nor in the blog itself or the general blogpage it shows the full title.

Greetings

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Please try using the following guide to change the character limit:

Best Regards,
Support

Hello again,
I tried this, and emptied the page cache and deleted the cookies, but unfortunately it didn’t solve the issue. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you for your help so far.

Best regards,

Let me check this, please use this plugin to create temporary access for us, its automatic login link and does not requires sharing your admin details. here is How To guide. at the and don’t forget about  “Set as private reply” at the bottom of the message box  

Thank you Noda.

As requested here is the link.

https://mabadvocaten.com/wp-admin/?wtlwp_token=f6a9a0bf3573cb25d19598960ae67327

WP is in Dutch but I hope this won’t be a big issue for you. Let me know if you have any questions

hi

Ok, please check again, i think its fixed now :slight_smile:

Hi,

Yes I believe it is too. Thank you so much for this, I am really grateful for your efforts.

I am really curious what was causing this issue and how you fixed it. Are there any consequences when I update the theme?

Hope you have a great day.

Greetings

HI dreamchaser

I changed one function in file, unfortunately i cant recall file name, but if you grant me access again i can give you name an line of the code

Hi Noda,

Thank you for your message. Due to personal reasons I wasn’t able to get back to you sooner. Since there was an update on Shapely now more then ever am I curious on the way you fixed it.

The link to temporary login is:

https://mabadvocaten.com/wp-admin/?wtlwp_token=0b068bbfe3441d11c715bf90a03a0941

Also I have noticed the issue to come back.

Thanks again in advance for all your efforts.

Kind regards,

HI

In the file template-parts/content.php on the line 64 you will see this code:
<a href="<?php echo esc_url( get_the_permalink() ); ?>"><?php echo wp_trim_words( get_the_title(), 9 ); ?></a>

change it to this:

<a href="<?php echo esc_url( get_the_permalink() ); ?>"><?php echo wp_trim_words( get_the_title(), 90 ); ?></a>

but please note, since you do not have a child them i made changes in parent theme which is not a good idea, (You lost changes during the update) now, go ahead and set up a child theme and copy this file in the child theme