Issue regarding post Categories - Activello

Dear, good morning!

I’m a user of the Activello theme and it’s being a very good experience. Great theme!

I’d like to know how to add a “bar” between the categories that appear at the top of the page.

Currently it shows “Category 1 Category 2 Category 3”, but I’d like it to show “Category 1 — Category 2 — Category 3”.

My blog is take0.com.br

Thank you in advance!

Hi @gabrielbringmann,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Do you mean the categories displayed in the featured slider as shown in the attached screenshot taken from your site?

If yes then the categories are displayed vertically as shown below

Category 1
Category 2
Category 3

and do you want to display them horizontally as below?

Category 1 — Category 2 — Category 3

Please advise.

Kind Regards,
Movin

Hey, good morning! :slight_smile:
The part to which I refer is the one that appears on the top of the post.

You can find a photo attached.

Thanks!

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

body.single-post ul.post-categories li:after {
    content: "-";
    display: inline-block;
    margin-left: 4px;
}
body.single-post ul.post-categories li:last-child:after {
  display: none;
}

Hello!
I’ve already tried this, and it didn’t work. :frowning:
Thanks!

It’s working fine on my test site.

Where have you added the provided CSS code?

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it’s not working so that i can troubleshoot it?

I’ve attached the template configuration and a screenshot of the site.
Thank you!
Page exemple: http://www.take0.com.br/inferno-ganha-novos-cartazes/

I troubleshooted it on your site and it seems the single quote in the provided CSS code is getting converted to HTML entity code when you save it in theme CSS option therefore it is not working so i changed it to double quote in the above provided, please try using that updated code.

Good morning! It worked, thanks a lot! :smiley:
However, I realized that one extra [space] appears before each category. Is it normal?
There’s a pic attached, for further information.

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

To remove that extra space i have updated the previously shared CSS code so please try using that updated code removing previously used code.

Thank you very much! :slight_smile:
Appreciate all the help you gave me!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

Hi! I tried the code you posted earlier but it doesn’t seem to work on mine. Perhaps because my post shows 1 Primary category and 1 sub-category?

Any ideas?

Hi @hdossary,

To help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/activello/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Cheers,
Movin