Issues after the latest update

Hi

I got some issues after the latest update of the theme

1. the logo is gone and even after I re-attached it its still nowhere to be seen
  2. The read more at the slider changed back to read more from my translation to swedish : Läs mer
  3. The drop down menue started to ignore the color-changes and whent fron green background to purple on hoovering

Hi @gregorivaletti,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

Could you please share me your site URL where it’s happening so that i can troubleshoot it?

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi!

Thanks for the respons, the site the issues appears on is http://www.salomontolstoy.se

This can be child theme issue on your site so to confirm it just temporary use the Activello theme instead of child theme on your site. If everything works fine then it’s your child theme issue so just share me your child theme so that i can troubleshoot it.

Hi

Thanks for the help, I tried to deactivate the childtheme and so but the issues still remained

regards

1) the logo is gone and even after I re-attached it its still nowhere to be seen

To make the logo work please use the solutions posted in the following topics.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/logo-not-showing/#post-90961
https://colorlibsupport.com/t/huge-problem-with-website-after-theme-update/#post-90771

2) The read more at the slider changed back to read more from my translation to swedish : Läs mer

Please change it again using this plugin Say what? – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org or using the solution posted in the below topic.

3) The drop down menue started to ignore the color-changes and whent fron green background to purple on hoovering

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

#page .dropdown-menu> li> a:hover {
    background-color: #24891b;
    color: #fff;
}

Hi thanks but it seems like none of those sollutions works for me,
For example the if( $show_logo && $logo ) {
echo wp_get_attachment_image($logo, array(9999, 9999));
}

is for me

<div class="container">
		<div id="logo">
			&lt;span class="site-name"&gt;<a>" title="&lt;?php echo esc_attr( get_bloginfo( 'name', 'display' ) ); ?&gt;" rel="home"&gt;&lt;?php
				if( $show_logo &amp;&amp; $logo ) {
                    echo wp_get_attachment_image($logo, 'full');
				}
				elseif( $show_title ) {
					bloginfo( 'name' );
				}
				else{
					bloginfo( 'name' );
				} ?&gt;
				</a>
			&lt;/span&gt;&lt;!-- end of .site-name --&gt;

What part should I change instead?

Hi,

Try changing this,

if( $show_logo && $logo ) {
echo wp_get_attachment_image($logo, 'full');
}

to

if( $show_logo && $logo ) {
the_custom_logo();
}

If that didn’t work, add this in the functions.php

function logo_custom_setup(){
	add_theme_support( 'custom-logo' );
}
add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'logo_custom_setup' );

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hi

I tried both metods and it was still the same,

The issues that remains are that there is still no logo over the slider and the read more text is still in the wrong langue for the swedish version.

Would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by checking the option “Set as private reply” when replying to this topic?

Hi

I´ll make a user for you, what email should I post in the registrationfield?

You can use [email protected]

Thanks, I´ll add you right away

Bump

No need to bump could you please share me your site log in details privately as requested previously?

Hi

Sorry if I bumped when I shouldnt have

Didn´t you get the login details when you got the registry email?

your details are

User: supportcolorlib

pw: fV9gfqJ&9!Dhxg^aw&jO^E(C

No i didn’t get any email and also the log in details you have shared is not working for me so please check it.

Hi

The username remain as: supportcolorlib
I changed the pw to: r$pU6rajUC5

Hope this works

regards

Hi,

It seems the changes you made via Child theme cause the issue, I switch back to the parent theme and all looks nice. Instead of using a plugin to create a child theme use this doc Child Themes « WordPress Codex it is straight forward.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hi again

Thanks for the help, I´ll use that from now on with my child themes

best regards