Issues using elementor editor with Illdy theme frontpage only

Hello,
it seems the frontpage cannot be edited…
according to elemento web site this is an issue with the theme, in fact when I switch to another theme I do not have that issue…
any idea how to fix it?
in the elementor help they do propose some possible solution but I am not sure where to put the code…

if this has not solution could you please recommend an editor plugin which should work effictevily with Illdy?
thanks in advance,
Umberto

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

You need to ensure that there are no widgets assigned to the homepage so they will not cause an issue for the page builder.

Best Regards,
Support

If I check in the widget section I see many widget assigned to the frontpage by the theme (see pic attached). So… in other words either I use the sections built into the frontpage which come with the theme or I remove them so that I can use the frontpage with elementor…
Do I understand it correctly?

Hi there

You can design new page with your page builder plugin and then set it as a homepage, have you tried this?

Hello,
not sure to understand… where can I access the page builder plugin? is it already installed or you mean to install a new plugin? would this plugin allow me to create content inside the existing frontpage or what?
Thanks and sorry for my confusion,
Umberto

Hi there

“where can I access the page builder plugin? is it already installed or you mean to install a new plugin?” - You have to find this in your page builder plugin documentation if you are using page builder i think you need to know this, we are not providing page builder plugin in our theme its your choice to install and use it and any question related to third party plugins is better to discuss with plugin developers