Issues with the slider

Hi

I got two issues with the slider on the front-page

1. for some reason the slider stopped being full width all of the suddern

2. I wanted to change the text in the slider from “read more” to my language and added the plugin saywhat,
    but I cant find the string and the domain for that section, what should i put in those boxes?

regards

Hi @gregorivaletti,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1) for some reason the slider stopped being full width all of the suddern

Could you please share me your site URL where it’s happening so that i can troubleshoot it?

2) I wanted to change the text in the slider from “read more” to my language and added the plugin saywhat, but I cant find the string and the domain for that section, what should i put in those boxes?

Please use the string ‘Read More’ and domain ‘activello’.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi

Thanks for the quick respons, the string change worked like a charm

the adress to the page is http://www.salomontolstoy.se

I’m having the same issues with the slider being full width. I took off all the featured images and started over with just one and it doesn’t go full screen.

Hey Movin,
I am having the similar issue. Till today morning, my sliders used to be full width.
Today evening, there are white bars on both sides. It’s lesser on Microsoft Edge browser and slightly more on Chrome.
I use an ultrawide monitor and the featured images are 3440X1440. They appeared fine till today. No issues on Tabs or Mobiles either.
How can I resolve this?
Previously, I have used custom css to make text appear on the sliders for handheld devices which works. The code used is:
@media (max-width: 768px){ div.flex-caption { display: block; }

#page .flex-caption *{

font-size: 8px;
}
}
#main-slide .slider-content h2 span {
color: #428bca;
}
body.page #main img.single-featured {
margin-bottom: 20px;
}

How can I get back the full width sliders? It seemed to have happened on it’s own.

Thanks and regards,
G

The recommended image width for the slider is 1920px X 550px so please make sure your slider images are at least of size 1920px X 550px

Also use the following plugin to regenerate thumbnails on your site.

If you are using Jetpack plugin on your site, could you please try temporary deactivating its Photon module on your site?

This jetpack photon module is not updating the images stored on wp.com so to resolve the issue either disable this module or update the images on wp.com by contacting jetpack support team.

Hi

The thing is that the images was full width untill recently, its just the last week then didnt fit the full size.

I dont use jetpack though.

Yes recent changes in the theme update caused this issue but please try all the solutions shared in the above topic.

Hi

I tried to follow instructions but I had a hard time filling the height so it looked good

I visited your shared site and the slider images are not at least of size 1920px X 550px on your site as shared in the following private reply.

Hi

Might be a dumb question, but when I change the size of the image, it get cut off att the top, is there a way to solve this?

Please use slider images at least of size 1920px X 550px or greater than it in proportion.