Jumbotron image issues - counter not working -change colour of contact us etc...

Hi Helpful folks!

1. My jumbotron image is cut in half (vertically) on a mobile phone (aka, only the right half is appearing and it’s pretty large looking). The large text on the image is also static on a mobile phone when one scrolls down.

2. My counter image is not appearing on any device, simply a grey background with the quote that I inserted which is also hard to read.

3. The projects & testimonial section is not working. It simply says I need to install Jetpack, which I did. But I’ve no clue where to enable custom post type.

4. Is it possible to insert an image where the 3 footers are? I’ve removed them but it’s too much empty space.

5. How to change the colour of the Contact section? And also remove the additional “e-mail” that’s seen there.

P.S - I’m not very familiar with the coding that one has to do to make changes, so easy explanations are welcomed :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Would also like to have 0 posts appear on the front page. Think that’s it for now. Thanks again!

Hi @samuel487,

1. My jumbotron image is cut in half (vertically) on a mobile phone (aka, only the right half is appearing and it’s pretty large looking). The large text on the image is also static on a mobile phone when one scrolls down.

Copy paste this code in Aditional Css, or in a simple custom css plugin:

@media only screen and (max-width: 1024px) {
#header {
background-attachment: initial !important;
}
}
  1. My counter image is not appearing on any device, simply a grey background with the quote that I inserted which is also hard to read.

Make sure that your hosting is working good

1. The projects & testimonial section is not working. It simply says I need to install Jetpack, which I did. But I’ve no clue where to enable custom post type.

Go to Jetpack -> Settings and enable Custom Content Types.
Enable Custom Content Types by clicking on “Configure”.

1. Is it possible to insert an image where the 3 footers are? I’ve removed them but it’s too much empty space.

Use a html widget to insert a foto

1. How to change the colour of the Contact section? And also remove the additional “e-mail” that’s seen there.

Paste this css code above the code that I provided you on other question:

#contact-us {
     background-color: #fff'
}

Thanks,

Cristian

Hello,
Thank for your feedback. Nothing has worked unfortunately.

1. I’ve attached an image of where and how I’m entering the code. Is this the correct format?

2. When I insert for any widget it’s simply limited to the size of a widget area and not the entire area. How can I get around this? I.E, whatever widget I insert is limited to a small pace which still leaves lots of white space.

3. How can I have 0 posts appear on the home page?

4. My host is working just fine - could there be another issue?

5. How can I place a border around the three large texts at the front as well as my name? It’s too white to be seen.

6. As for the counter … I don’t want the actual numbers to appear, simply a bar with the image in the background and the quote, which I initially had. Nothing but the quote and a grey background appears however.

Finally, would you recommend a different theme to avoid some of these issues? Thanks again!

HI

1. I’ve attached an image of where and how I’m entering the code. Is this the correct format?

Yes, this is the correct way, but if is not working, try to install a css plugin, for example this one:

Simple Custom CSS – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

1. When I insert for any widget it’s simply limited to the size of a widget area and not the entire area. How can I get around this? I.E, whatever widget I insert is limited to a small pace which still leaves lots of white space.

Show me an example please

1. How can I have 0 posts appear on the home page?

Set the page as static front page. Go in appearance>customize>general options and select the page as static front page. Also, if you did this and it still showing posts then go in Appeareance>Customize>Latest News Section and deselect from there the button show this section

1. My host is working just fine – could there be another issue?

Try to deactivate all the plugins one by one and see if something is changing. The page is not charging well

1. How can I place a border around the three large texts at the front as well as my name? It’s too white to be seen.

In the text widget, give the paragraph <p> a class, and then refer that class in the custom css plugin with a css code:

.newclasscreated{
border-style: solid;
    border-width: 15px;
}
  1. As for the counter … I don’t want the actual numbers to appear, simply a bar with the image in the background and the quote, which I initially had. Nothing but the quote and a grey background appears however.

Maybe you have some plugins that are influecing this section. Do as I mention above and see if something is changing

Thanks,

Cristian

Thanks again Christian,

1. I had already went ahead and installed a simple CSS plugin. I had to deactivate all plugins for this to work as Jetpack seemed to be giving issues.

2. I have attached an example

3. I want the post section to appear but I don’t want any preview of the posts. In other words, Viewers will see “Latest News” and the link to view the blog but there should be no preview of the blog posts below. The current code requires that I have at least 1 post viewing.

4. How do you mean it’s not charging well - do you mean it’s not loading well? I have deactivated the plugins and it seems like Jetpack was giving the issue. I’ve activated them again now. This should hopefully be better.

5. :smiley: I have noo clue what to do here lol. This is very techie - can you send me a screen shot of it please? :slight_smile:

6. I have changed the counter for 3 sets of numbers to appear but I still do not see the image.

7. The code for fixing the image on a mobile phone is not working, it appears the same way.

Let me know if it’s easier for me to give you the password to log in and see how it’s appearing on my end.

Thanks again!