Jumbotron not responsive & not high enoug

Hi

I have issues with the jumbotron image:

1. I seems to be not high enough, meaning it will not cover the whole screen. On the bottom of the screen I have about 2-3 cm of the next section already. What is really weird: the image is cut off to allow for the next section to show…
  2. When I open the website on a mobile device, I do not see the center of the image but the left bit. I had assumed that the image will be repositioned instead of just showing the top left corner.

The page is: https://phum.de/

Any hints?

Cheers,
Jan

Hello Jan,

Since there are countless monitor and view sizes you will get this kind of behaviour on different screens.

It seems like you are looking for a FullHD jumbotron setup, so you might want to try this CSS code and padding spacing for the header and just play with the values until you get your perfect display:

#header .bottom-header {
    padding-top: 300px;
    padding-bottom: 300px;
}

You should keep in mind that this spacing will be in charge on the smaller devices, as well, so a media query might and should be used:

@media (max-width: 1024px) {
  #header .bottom-header {
    padding-top: 40px;
    padding-bottom: 40px;
  }
}

Use this to center the picture:

#header {
    background-position: center;
}

Let me know if the above is working as expected.

Cheers

Wow, great, thank you very much! Exactly what I was looking for!

Cheers,
Jan

That’s great, I’m happy that I could help you out.

Will add this CSS to FAQ for future references, since you confirmed it is working as expected.

Regards

I have this issue too…
I will try the code. Which is the css file ?
Tankyou

Ideally, the above CSS code should be placed in a child’s theme style.css

But you can use a plugin like Simple Custom CSS or place it directly in the default theme’s Dashboard > Appearances > Editor > Style.css, but please keep in mind that this will get erased if you replace/update the theme files in the future.