Jumbotron Video background not working on mobile

Hi,

When my illdy based website is viewed in mobile view the jumbotron video background is not visible but is visible in desktop view.

After further investigation I have found out that in desktop view the video background is loaded but when switched to mobile view the video is not loaded, so it’s not available for the browser to display. I have checked all settings and I can’t work out why. I believe this is an issue with theme as there are no other settings that would remove the video when in mobile view. I found this out using Chrome dev tools, switching to mobile view and refresh the screen, then reviewing the header code for the jumbotron and comparing it with the desktop view.

I am completely stuck as to how to fix this as I don’t know the theme coding.

Please investigate and suggest fix please.

URL: dev.goddardfabrication.com

Many thanks

To add to this, I can’t find the reference to the video in the header.php or sections/front-page-header-video.php files. Where is this URL source reference stored please?

Hi there

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question :slight_smile:
Video bg is disabled for mobile screens by default this is coded in the theme but i will create suggestion to change this function for our dev team, what i can suggest for this moment is to display an image instead of video, use below code and change image url

@media only screen and (max-width: 1000px){
#wp-custom-header {
background-image: url(http://dev.goddardfabrication.com/cms/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Rayburn_ad_200_Series_Cream-copy-e1544991692190.jpg);
background-size: cover;
}
}

Here is the issue opened in our git repo:

Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

Good morning Noda,
Noda, I raised this issue with Colorlib back on 12th January 2019 in my previous thread on this subject. You told me at the time that you have tested this website on multiple mobile devices and they all display the video fine in mobile view. This left me clueless as to why I couldn’t get this working. Only after my own torrid research for the answer do I know discover that your theme switches it off by default! Could you not have told me this at the beginning?? I have wasted over 2 months of my paying clients time and made myself look a fool, throwing away countless hours trying to find a solution, delaying the launch of this website which is effecting my clients business negatively, because I was given the wrong answer to my first question in January. I would have implemented this suggested solution above in January if you had informed me that the theme intentionally stops the video on mobile devices. What else can I say?? That is appalling support. Please don’t say paying for the theme would have mean’t me getting the answer I needed earlier. If that was the case then I would have paid the money, as it stands the theme does everything I need for free. If I were to pay for this support, I don’t think much of it.

Please understand, I am not a rude person and it pains me to write this reply in a harsh way, but I had to make you understand the pain this issue has caused me, and it could have been avoided with the right information the first time. Please bear this in mind in the future.

I wish you all the best and please don’t be offended by this reply.

Best regards

Good evening

Dear muppetbam i understand you and i know this problem, i recalled it immediately once i opened url i wanted to give the same answer but I did check it again surprisingly video is not visible now, previous time they were visible I know for sure because i tested this several times,

Hi Noda,

I see, well thank you for explaining. I will apply your suggested code and what for the theme to updated with the change.

All the best :slight_smile:

Thank you too and I’m always here to help, just let me know :slight_smile:

Your case is redirected to our developer’s ground, you can see the progress here:

Hi All,
we have fixed this issue you can find out at
PR with the fix on GitHub - Bug fix for https://github.com/ColorlibHQ/illdy/issues/291 by mahendrapratap4022 · Pull Request #334 · ColorlibHQ/illdy · GitHub
The issue on GitHub - Video BG in jumbotron · Issue #291 · ColorlibHQ/illdy · GitHub
Thanks
Colorlib Support

Thanks @mahendra.pratap4022