Large image on front page as is shown on demo

How can I make my page look, like the page in the demo? I want a large full page width image. I have tried all that I can think of, but I’m new at Wordpress.

Hi @davids1959,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

How can I make my page look, like the page in the demo? I want a large full page width image.

Could you please share me the Page URL of that page so that i can help you to achieve it?

You will find information about the usage of this theme on the following page.

Kind Regards,
Movin

Hello Movin, thanks for the reply.
Actually I have resolved the image issue that I was asking about. But there are some other problems I’m having, if I can ask about them.

First though. I am not working on a child theme yet, so modifying any code or css is not something I’m up to doing yet. Templates also are something I’ve yet to attempt.

My questions:

1. Text over the image: On the demo page there is a full width image, which I’ve accomplished by setting the image to full width. Should I have set it as a background image instead?
    But there is also a darkened area with text floating over the image. How can I put that text into position?

2. Displaying image info with the product image when I insert a media file from the library:
    There is a database. I’m very familiar with relational databases so I’m assuming this db can associate info such as an image and its description. If i were making something similar to a product catalog or portfolio, is it possible to insert the media file on a page beside it, to show info such as image name/description/slug/etc.?

3. Template pages: In that same product catalog or portfolio, imagine that there are 100 items and each will need it’s own page. Now, I’m assuming that the database is holding fields of info about each product since that’s what they do.

a) Can I add fields to the database such as adding a date available or created.

b) Rather than make 100 product pages and have to type the already existing info about the item into each of those 100 pages much as I would when building a static html site, can I make one template page that will get the specific info, once I place an identifying piece of info such as the product name or image? If yes, how can I make a template page?

c) I really do like the featured slider , but when I activate it, it replaces the main image. I want it to reside beneath the image. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
I really do love the theme.

Hi @davids1959,

Are you creating product using any plugin like WooCommerce – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org ?

I am not sure whether you wan to achieve custom functionality but your questions doesn’t seem specific to WordPress but the database so i recommend you to read the following WordPress and its database information and how you can manage the data saved in it.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Database_Description
https://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/wpdb
https://codex.wordpress.org/

Sorry but i didn’t understand your questions so could you please explain it a bit more in detail by sharing the screenshot of it so that i can help you?

c) I really do like the featured slider , but when I activate it, it replaces the main image. I want it to reside beneath the image. Is that possible?

What are you referring as main image?

Please advise.

Regards,
Movin