Larger content on full width posts

Hello,

First, thank you for this wonderful theme!

I am having trouble with my website: http://leblogderomane.com

I have been searching everywhere but nothing worked. I want to make single posts full width (like it is already), but I want them to be wider to show bigger images (I still want the text to be the same width as images). You can see on the picture attached that there is a lot of blank space on the sides…

I hope I was clear enough. I am already using this CSS, I don’t know if it can have any effect:
@media (min-width: 992px) {
.main-content-inner.col-sm-12.col-md-8 {
width: 75%;
}
div#secondary{
width: 25%;
}
}

How can I achieve that?

Thank you!

Hi @romane,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I can see on your shared site you are using “No sidebar” layout for the blog posts but instead try using “Full width” layout as shown in the attached screenshot.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi @movin,

Thank you for your answer,

I forgot to mention that I have already tried but the content is the same size. It is just moving to the left.
Otherwise, the blank space left on the right size is perfect!

Thank you,
Romane

This is happening because you are using the below custom CSS code on your site.

@media (min-width: 992px){
.main-content-inner.col-sm-12.col-md-8 {
    width: 75%;
}
}

To resolve the issue try using the following custom CSS code.

.main-content-inner.col-sm-12.col-md-8.no-sidebar {
    width: 100%;
}

Thank you but I tried and the result is the same, it moves everything towards the left side with the same content width…

I could delete the first CSS but I really want my sidebar to be smaller on the home page.

It should display the content as shown in the attached screenshot.

Could you please add the code again so that i can troubleshoot it?

Actually, never mind, it works! I don’t know what happened yesterday…

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you so much!

Hey guys!

I need some help please and I don’t know to even start a new thread. I’m using Activello Theme and suddenly it displays the most recent 2 posts in full width and the older posts all go into 2 columns. How can I change it so that all posts are full width and the 2 column thing goes away?? Thank you in advance for your help! Shanice

@romane You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

@simplyshanicexo

I need some help please and I don’t know to even start a new thread.

Just visit the page Activello - Colorlib Support Forum and create new topic using the form displayed at the bottom of the page as shown in the attached screenshot.

I’m using Activello Theme and suddenly it displays the most recent 2 posts in full width and the older posts all go into 2 columns.

This is how the theme works as displayed on this theme demo site Activello Theme Demo - Just another colorlib.com site

How can I change it so that all posts are full width and the 2 column thing goes away??

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

.blog.home #page article.post {
    width: 100%;
    padding: 0;
}

.blog.home #page article.post .read-more, 
.blog.home #page article.post .entry-footer {
    display: block;
}

.blog.home .page-1 article.post .post-inner-content {
    padding: 0 0 50px;
    margin-bottom: 35px
}