Latest news button

Hi there,
the button on the homepage under latest news doesn’t direct to the latest new section.
When I click on it the link is internal and goes to the beginning of the homepage
Thank you in advance
Kind regards

Hi there

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question :slight_smile:
please provide url and i will take a look

Thank you for your kind replay.
The link is: http://www.cinemanchio.it/

Hello,

I hope you are doing well today.

The link should go to the blog page, but you can change it in the theme files via Appearance > Editor > sections > front-page-latest-news.php.

Best Regards,
Support

Thank you again.
I believe that the theme files to change are these:
<?php if ( $button_text ) : ?>
" title="<?php echo esc_attr( $button_text ); ?>" class=“latest-news-button”><i class=“fa fa-chevron-circle-right”></i><?php echo esc_html( $button_text ); ?>

…but I don’t know how to change. Wher do I have to put the link?

Did I ask a wrong question in a wrong way?

Hey there

This button should work without code modification, can i check why its not working from the backend?
Please use this plugin to create temporary access for us, its automatic login link and does not requires sharing your admin details. here is How To guide. at the and don’t forget about  “Set as private reply” at the bottom of the message box 

Thank you very much for your kind support!
The login: http://www.cinemanchio.it/wp-admin/?wtlwp_token=1185ae096b6c1dda66042339971e9942

Hi there,

I had a look at your site and it appears that you had not set your articles/blog page from within the WP dashboard settings > reading page.

Kindly check it out now and let me know if everything is working out as expected.

Hope to hear from you soon.

I apologize for the disturbance. I don’t know how to set.
I would need to understand. The news are in category “NEWS” that is on the menu. Do I have to change the category? Can I rename the blog as NEWS and put it on the menu?
Thanks again

Good morning

THis is not about category or menu setting, by default you have to define your blog page in WP dashboard settings > reading page, this page will serve as a default blog/news page on your site, however you can use different page in your menu

Good morning,
the setting is perfect. On the reading page is set blog but it doesn’t work.
I compared with another mine site with Illdy Theme and everytingh is the same. On the other site it works and in this one it doesn’t.
The page blog exists. The link on the button is “#” and I can’t understand

Hi There,

Thanks for the follow up.

Unfortunately, I’m not certain I clearly follow the current issue that you are having.

I had a look at your site once more and the button seems to link to the blog page just fine. (see screencast).

Kindly let me know is this is the button you are referring to or am I missing something?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Wow! I swear that I didn’t change anything but it seems that the link is working at now.
I apologize but I had really the trouble with this issue.
Thank you very much for your kind support!
My best

Good mornig

oh, no problem nothing to apologize :slight_smile:
I will close this case now, let us know if you need anything else in new ticket

Good mornig

oh, no problem nothing to apologize :slight_smile:
I will close this case now, let us know if you need anything else in the new ticket

I am having the same problem whereby I can’t change where the “latest news” button directs to. I don’t find the “front-page-latest-news.php” under Appearance > Editor.
I have looked at the Reading section of Settings under my Dashboard but can’t see anything that I would logically change to help the issue…

Hey there

@tinastours it will require some customization im afraid :frowning:

Do you mean that I will have to pay someone for that? Or would I be able to do it myself?

Is there any other way of imbedding a button into the front page? Like I could just delete that button and insert another one elsewhere?

Hi

If you have experience with the WordPress development then you can do it yourself, otherwise you need to find someone, all you need to do is to make changes in the child theme,