Leave a comment and leave a reply

Hi

On my blog at the bottom of my posts there is ‘Leave a comment’ and ‘Leave a reply’. ‘Leave a reply’ has the comment box under it and that is the one I want to keep (it is the comment form from wordpress.com, added through the Jetpack plugin).

How can I remove ‘Leave a comment’? It is just the text with no comment box under it, and when I click it seems to be linked to the ‘Leave a reply’ comment box.

Thank you

Hannah

Hi Hannah,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can try removing this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

span.comments-link {
    display: none;
}

Best Regards,
Movin

The code removes ‘Leave a comment’, leaving just ‘Leave a Reply’ when I click on the post as I wanted. However, the home page displays the whole post and there is no Leave a Reply box at the bottom. Is it possible for the Leave a Reply comment box to appear on the home page under the post, so the viewer doesn’t have to click into the post to leave a comment?

Thanks

You can achieve that by using following CSS code instead of previously provided code.

body.single span.comments-link {
    display: none;
}

Thanks for your help.

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: