Line breaks in text entries

Hi all,

Trying to setup a new version of the Hoshikaze site on WordPress. I installed 5.0.2 and Illdy theme. So far, everything seems to work fine. But I’m new to WordPress, so I could miss things…

The only issue I found so far is, on text entries like titles or description texts, I would like to insert line breaks and I couldn’t. On one title (Jumbotron main title), I made it without even knowing how, but 1/ I couldn’t reproduce it, 2/ When I try to change even a single character in the field, I lose the line break and 3/ I haven’t a single clue about why it worked here and not on other texts…

What I want :

First paragraph
Second paragraph
Third paragraph'

What I get :
First paragraph Second paragraph Third paragraph'

It sure has to do with line breaks being ignored within an HTML text when no <p> tag is used, but I haven’t the skill and knowledge to fix it and it’s blocking for setting up my welcome page…

Thanks in advance for any hint ^-^

Hi all,

Oh, and btw, the test website’s URL is the following :
http://test.hoshikaze.net/wordpress-5.0.2-fr_FR/

It still has many sections left by default and empty pages…

The front page Jumbotron shows what I want to do with the lines :

Hoshikaze 2250
Entrez dans le futur
du Space-Opera !

and what doesn’t work with the lines :
L’association Hoshikaze 2250 écrit collectivement un univers de Space-Opera. Issus du Jeu de Rôles, nous publions nos réalisations autour de cet univers. Romans - Nouvelles - BDs - JdR - Jeu vidéo - Jeu plateau

which should be instead :

L'association Hoshikaze 2250 écrit collectivement un univers de Space-Opera.
Issus du Jeu de Rôles, nous publions nos réalisations autour de cet univers.
Romans - Nouvelles - BDs - JdR - Jeu vidéo - Jeu plateau

Actual code within the text boxes are the following :

Hoshikaze 2250

Entrez dans le futur

du Space-Opera !

and :

L'association Hoshikaze 2250 écrit collectivement un univers de Space-Opera.

Issus du Jeu de Rôles, nous publions nos réalisations autour de cet univers.

Romans - Nouvelles - BDs - JdR - Jeu vidéo - Jeu plateau

Hello,

I hope you are doing well today.

You can go to Appearance > Customize > Front Page Sections > Jumbotron, from here you can edit the title but select the “Text” tab and you can add Html code there. So add this code to add a line break:

<br />

Best Regards,
Support

Hello,

Thanks for the solution, it was quite simple, but I never noticed a difference between the tabs, so I didn’t investigate more in that direction.

Best regards,
Mutos

Hey there

So, is your problem resolved now?

Hello Noda,

Yes, thanks ! How does one mark the topic as solved ?

I will close this case now, Feel free to contact us again if you have other questions Thanks!