link buttons

Hi there,

New user today, and I don’t understand what to put in the link button areas. For the current page I’m building I want them all to link to the ‘contact us’ section at the bottom of the page. (the home page).

I’d also like to understand how to make them link to a different page (once I build one).

Site build is http://www.shanhunmedia.com

sorry if this is a totally newbie question, haven’t encountered this type of ‘link’ system before it seems!

Good morning shaun

Have you tried our documentation? if no then please check it out here:

Hi Noda,

Could you explain exactly where on that documentation page the information about how to create button links is please? I watched it all today to set up my website to where it is now, but I didn’t see any information about how to create these links, which is why I created this support ticket.

Otherwise if you could assist me in explaining how to do it I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks so much and thanks for your prompt reply!
David

Hello @dshanhun,

I hope you are doing well today.

In order to add links to the homepage you need to edit the widgets available via Appearance > Widgets then add a Shapely widget to the front page and there would be an option in the widget to assign a link. If there is not a field for the link then the widget does not work with links and you would have to replace that widget with another.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

I have done this and there are several widgets. What I’m asking is what do I put in the ‘link’ box. The link boxes in each widget just has a ‘#’ symbol. I have attached a screenshot. If you could explain what I should write in the ‘button 1 link’ box that currently just has a ‘#’ in it - so that this button links to the contact form widget lower on the page that’d be excellent.

Thanks,
David

attached smaller file.

Hi

You have to enter link instead of #, if you want to know what is a url or link, please check this link:

these links are for navigation on other pages, not on the page sections, so, if you want to connect it to the contact us section that’s not possible