Bloglovin
SilkandSalt
Trusted Blogs
Pinterest

and so on.

By advance, thank you.
Regards, Jen

Hi Jen,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Yes you can try achieving this by adding the widgets in the sidebar provided by following plugins on your site.

I am not sure what you meant by “SilkandSalt” and “Trusted Blogs” so please describe it a bit more in detail what you want to display in the widget regarding this.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

thank you for your answer. I tried it and it works now. It is not in the same line as IG or FB. And it doesn’t appear a Button. But for the meantime it is ok.
Will there be any changes for the layout, that we can fix the icons in the same line?

Silkandsalt and trusted blog is probably an regional thing. So it isn’t that important.

It would be great, if we could add any Icon we want in the future.

By advance, thank you so much for your support.
Jen

Hi Jen,

thank you for your answer. I tried it and it works now. It is not in the same line as IG or FB. And it doesn’t appear a Button. But for the meantime it is ok. Will there be any changes for the layout, that we can fix the icons in the same line?

Could you please share the screenshot of it and also share me the page URL from your site where it’s not displaying correctly so that i can troubleshoot it?

Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

I just added the screenshot.
My URL: www.faceprint.at

By advance, thank you.
Regards,
Jennifer

The screenshot that you wanted to share didn’t get uploaded because the file type .tiff is not permitted for security reasons.

Thank you for sharing your site URL.

Do you mean the buttons as shown in the attached screenshot?

If yes then they don’t display on same line as they are displaying in separate widgets.

If you want to add icons in the same line as facebook or instagram then you can do so by developing custom CSS solution as described in the following reply.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/social-icon-xing/#post-37560

In the activello theme you have to use the custom CSS code on the following path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

You can find different font awesome icons and their code on the following page.

Please note that the theme already supports pinterest icon so just use its URL in the menu same as you did for facebook and instagram.

Hi there,

thank you so much for your support. Yes, this was exactly what I meant. The Pinterest Button works very well now, but it isn’t possible for the Bloglovin button. Does activello already support the Bloglovin Button?

Again thank you.
Regards,
Jen

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

The Pinterest Button works very well now, but it isn’t possible for the Bloglovin button. Does activello already support the Bloglovin Button?

Activello theme uses font awesome icons to display social icons and currently font awesome icon doesn’t support Bloglovin icon which is requested here https://github.com/FortAwesome/Font-Awesome/issues/2334

So you can display it currently by using its image and developing custom code as described in the following reply.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/social-icons-for-researchgate-and-academia-edu/#post-46099

Hi Movin,

I am so sorry - I really don’t know what I am doing wrong. But it still dosen’t work.
I’ve just added the CSS code and adapted it in this way:
#menu-social li a[href*=“bloglovin.com”] .fa:before{content: “”;background-image: url(“https://www.bloglovin.com/people/faceprint-18342425”);height: 41px;width: 29px;display: inline-block;background-size: 100%;background-repeat: no-repeat;vertical-align: middle;}

But I don’t see anything. And where I can add know the picture icon?

Thank you,
Jen

Please try using the below CSS code and if you want to then change the image URL in the code to the bloglovin image URL.

#social li a[href*="bloglovin.com"] .fa:before{content: "";background-image: url("http://pepperandlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/BL_Icon.png");height: 32px;width: 20px;display: inline-block;background-size: 100%;background-repeat: no-repeat;vertical-align: middle;}

It still doesn’t work :frowning:

I visited your site and found it’s not working on your site because you have added following HTML code in the CSS code as shown in the attached screenshot so please try removing the following HTML code from CSS code.

<i class="fa fa-pinterest" aria-hidden="true"></i>

sorry to say it again - it still doesn’t work ;(

I checked it again and found you have set your bloglovin profile URL as background image URL which is wrong. Please use the provided CSS code as it is and if you want then change the background image URL to the image URL that you want to display as bloglovin social icon.

Yeah… we did it ;). It works!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH MOVIN for your patience.

Jen

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: