Logo Image Size

Hi,

You responded to my initial question of the Logo image size forcing it to be 400x200 only - I want to use images 1280x550 or in that ballpark - you recommended the following on May 15 - then some other user took over that chain of responses and I cannot edit - or respond to my original thread - so here’s a new thread - same issue.

So I followed your reco:

"Upload an image that’s that same size (1200×500)
Add and save the following code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:

img.custom-logo {
width: 1200px!Important;
height: 500px!Important;
}

Use the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin to regenerate your images according to the size specified
Clear cache, then check the site."

But my images are still being cropped to 400x200 or it’s taking the CSS command to make the logo larger but it’s coming out fuzzy - please help - see fuzzy image and original links.

Location of cropped image : http://forkonaroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/cropped-Bar_Harbor_MH_3-1.jpg
Location of Original Image: http://forkonaroad.com/bar_harbor_mh_3/

I need the logo to stop forcing me to resize - I think it’s resizing to 400x200 and then resizing it back up to the 1280x550 I put in the special code - hence the fuzziness.

PLEASE HELP - I’ll be driving more traffic soon to the site and it looks ugly now :frowning:

Thanks,

Suman

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

You’ll actually need to add some code to your functions.php file.

In order to do this, you could go to Plugins > Add New > Search for Code Snippets > Install and activate that plugin > Add a New Snippet, then inside that, add the code below:

// Enable Custom Logo
add_theme_support( ‘custom-logo’, array(
‘height’ => 1200,
‘width’ => 500,
) );

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Thanks for the solve, before I tried it out and tried to use the larger image I’d provided the link for above and it’s still cropping it to 400x200.

Additionally, could you tell me if it’s possible to make that size more flexible - as in sometimes the images don’t constrain exactly to 1200x500.

Thanks,

Suman

Hi there,
Thanks for keeping in touch with us.

In order to make the logo size flexible, you’ll need to add the codes below to the code above:

‘flex-height’ => false,
‘flex-width’ => false,

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

Please confirm two things -

1. When I use just the first snippet of code using code snippet plugin - on my child theme nothing happens - the crop is still forcing it to be 400x200

// Enable Custom Logo
‘height’ => 1200,
‘width’ => 500,
) );

1. When you provide the new code - I’m assuming you mean like this:

// Enable Custom Logo
‘height’ => 1200,
‘width’ => 500,
) );

‘flex-height’ => false,
‘flex-width’ => false,

OR

// Enable Custom Logo
‘flex-height’ => false,
‘flex-width’ => false,
) );

Please provide full solution - I’m not familiar with coding so need step by step.

PLEASE CONFIRM ASAP - I’ve had to delay sending out some work due to this issue, driving to the site.

Thank you,

Suman

Hello,

Could you please help out on the questions above from May 25th - I really need to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Suman

You have to use the following custom code instead of the code shared above.

add_theme_support( 'custom-logo', array(
	'height'      => 500,
	'width'       => 1200,
	'flex-height' => true,
	'flex-width'  => true,
) );

Do I add it in the Appearance > Editor > Theme Functions > Functions.php?

I inserted this code and the result is that it’s selecting the new image, asking it to crop it without the 400x200 constraints on the crop screen, once I say crop it is sizing it down to 400x200 in any case - so the only thing it did was remove the words ‘400x200 recommended’ under the Crop Image dialog when we change the Logo from the site identity under customize.

Please help :frowning:

This is also a problem on my blog. Last year I managed to get my logo to full width with an extra code I found here on the forum. (the code removes the space around the logo). Now I want to change the logo, but now it is being cropped automatically from 2000 to 800 on the long side. And the code does not help anymore. I guess it is the same problem as described above. So, you must have done some changes to this in som way, since last year.

I hope for a solution, because I really love this theme. For now I don’t dare to change my logo, because it will destroy the layout and it will not look good.

My site: http://bilderfrahjertet.com/

Best regards

@themehelp You have to use shared code as described below posted previously.

In order to do this, you could go to Plugins > Add New > Search for Code Snippets > Install and activate that plugin > Add a New Snippet, then inside that, add the code below:

Did this solve it for you @themehelp?
I tried it, but nothing changes. Image is still being cropped.

@sissa Then please use the attached custom plugin.

Hello Movin,

I did the above - added the code you provided on 6/6 to the Snippets and it still does not let the larger image post - can I try the code you provided in zip above to sissa?

And where in the code should I post it - in the functions.php or in the snippets plugin?

Please see attached image of the snippets code that’s been activated.

Thank you again for your help.

Suman

@Suman The code may be not working because of priority issue so instead please try using the plugin colorlib-divilab-plugin-109.zip shared in the above reply that contains custom code.

Thank you, I will try it out and tell you how it went :slight_smile:

Sissel

And it works perfect! Now I can use any size I want :smiley:
Thank you so much for excellent support! As I wrote before, I love this theme, and the support too :slight_smile:

Sissel

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

Hi Movin,
I think I have similar situation as Sissa. I used to have header logo on the full width of the page.I have changed it today and it got squeezed in width and height. The image is: 1920 × 821. Can you help me to make the image full width and bigger height?

Another issue with the new update of Activello is header image for each post (which is seen on the main page). It used to be full width of the post and now is narrower. How can I come back to the post header image to full width of the post?
My website: http://szycietobajka.com
Thank you.
regads,
Iza

@Iza To help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/activello/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.