Main blog page shows full post instead of excerpt only for 1 blog post

Hi there I am currently working with a WordPress site that uses Shapely for it’s theme. The blog is setup to point to a static full width page that shows all blog posts published.

The reader settings are set to excerpt in WordPress and no external plugins are in place regarding post excerpts.

I have gone to publish a blog post however which is set to private and when I go to preview the blog page whilst logged into WordPress all posts show with no excerpt just title, image and read link however this one blog post shows a full preview of the entire content.

I originally fixed this by adding a featured image which was missing however the issue has started appearing again and I need to get it sorted before I can publish the post live.

Wondering if this is a known issue and there is a workaround I can apply.

Thank you

Hi there

You need to utilize Excerpts or read more link, check this out: How to Properly Use the More Block in WordPress

Regards

Hi there thanks for replying unfortunately this doesn’t work for us as we are using the classic wordpress editor. It only seems to affect this post all other blog posts don’t have the issue

Hi there

You can use Excerpts in this case, but even in classic editor you can use Read more as well

we aren’t looking to add excerpts for some reason this behaviour with posts has happened by default we would like only show the excerpts on the main blog roll page in wordpress (blog page) and then display the entire article content when you click on the actual post URL which is standard behavior in wordpress

Hi there

@alessiorigoli okay and what is the problem, I want to know what is your problem is, as I said before you can use Excerpts and read more feature to show short text on blog roll and once opening blog full content, is this not working for you?

Regards

Hi I understand about the excerpts feature and have placed a summary of the content there but when you access the main “blog” page it is still showing the entire post despite the excerpt been specified inside the post editor under “excerpts” section and clearing all cache the issue remains. I have also tried in 2 separate browsers with no history and cache and on a different IP address completely with no success.

Hi

Make sure this setting is activated in the Settings > Reading: Screenshot by Lightshot

Regards

Yes I have ensured that setting is the same and no difference

Hi

Okay, can you please provide access credentials in DM? I will check it myself

Regards

ok thanks how can I dm you

I just sent you a message, just reply back

Regards

not seeing any private message come through can you please resend me a message

HI

Please check your message, I already sent it :slight_smile:

Cool thanks found and replied to PM