Make Sparkling Theme Header Larger

Awesome Theme! I saw instructions on how to make travelify header larger, but couldn’t find the same info on Sparkling. Is there some simple CSS I can add to make the header height slightly larger?

Thanks,
Chris

Navigation height is based on menu item height, so it should be tweaked like this:

.navbar-default .navbar-nav > li > a {
    line-height: 40px;
    padding: 30px 20px;
}
.navbar > .container .navbar-brand {
    margin-top: 25px;
}

This code can be added in Child Theme style.css or inside some plugin custom CSS field such as one available for Jetpack. Unfortunately, do to specific of this code it won’t work via Custom CSS field available in Theme Options.

You can tweak these values to get the results you were looking for.

Ok, cool thanks! Is there an easy way to make the entire page below the slider white. I went to full width, but would like to get rid of the grey around the outside and give it more of a Travelify look.

Thanks,
Chris

Add this to the same Custom CSS field to hide border around content and change background to white color.

.post-inner-content {
    border: none !important;
}
body {
    background: #fff;
}

Thanks so much. Both of these CSS changes worked brilliantly through jetpack. I have the slider working nicely and like how it covers the entire top width of the homepage. Is there an easy way I can do the same with some of my other pages with a single banner. I don’t need a scrolling slider on these pages, but would just like my banner to run the entire width of the page.

Thanks,
Chris

Remove this line of code from content-page.php file:

<?php the_post_thumbnail( 'sparkling-featured', array( 'class' => 'single-featured' )); ?>

Now add this in header.php`

<?php if (!is_front_page() && is_page() ) {
	the_post_thumbnail( 'full', array( 'class' => 'single-featured' ));
	}
?>

Right before:

<div class="container main-content-area">

This is a bit hacky way around as there is no clean solution for this unless you rewrite the entire thing.

I will give it a try. Last question for now. I would like to have one of menu pages land you directly on a travelify themed page. So all the pages but one would be sparkling. On that page I would want to install the travelify theme.

Can I do that? Thanks!

@chrisd

This can be done via WordPress MultiSite Setup but it is not as easy as it might sound.

Maybe there is some plugin for that as well as you need only one page for that but I am not aware of any such plugin but there might be one.