Medi+ Theme Broken - no index.php template

I’ve received this error message when trying to install & activate the Medi+ theme (Medi+ - Free Medical & Doctor Website Template - Colorlib): “Broken theme: Template is missing. Standalone themes need to have a index.php template file. Child themes need to have a Template header in the style.css stylesheet.”

I’m guessing that this is because the Medi+ theme does not have the index.php file that I see other themes have, and instead have a index.html file. Is there any possible way to fix this so Medi+ can still be uploaded? Has anyone been able to upload Medi+ to WP?

Hi,

Because Medi+ is not a WordPress theme, it is HTML static website. You can’t install that into a WordPress site.

Let us know if you have any other questions,

Thanks,
laranz.

That makes so much sense. Thank you!
As a suggestion, maybe this categorization could be more clear?

Hi,

That is why it is displays under templates, and not under WordPress themes, 1500+ Best Website Templates 2021 - Colorlib

Thanks for your suggestion, I will forward this to our admin team, to add it is not a WordPress theme inside some description, that will clear confusion for many other users.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

what about carries theme… on installation I am getting same “The theme is missing the index.php file.” and it is a wp theme???

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

You may be using the incorrect file to upload, please ensure that you use the .rar file to upload next time.

Best Regards,
Support

download link is only for .zip file. Were can I download .rar file?

Hi Guinness,

It is not a WordPress theme. You can’t install Templates into WordPress, That is why it is displays under templates, and not under WordPress themes, 1500+ Best Website Templates 2021 - Colorlib

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.