Menu issue with items that contain an image

Dear all,
I started using the Sparkling theme for my blog (http://outofthedoor.de) which is really great but I encountered one issue in combination with a plug-in for translation “Polylang” but I believe it can be solved independent from the plug-in.
The plug-in adds to the menu the language selection. If I activate flag images I have the problem, if I only show the language labels without flag images it works fine.

With the images it also works but the link of the site is always open in a kind of lightbox pop-up. This should not be the case.
I googled already a lot but could not find similar problems also not here. In few cases of other themes it was stated that you can deactivate the lightbox with a class=no-lightbox for particular images and I was hoping something like this could help here.

Any help is very appreciated! I will also attach a screenshot!

Many thanks and have a great weekend,
Jens

Hey there,
I hope you’re doing well today

To resolve this, you can use the following plugin to disable all the Fancy Box js scripts.

Best Regards,
Support

Dear Support,

thanks for the fast reply! I installed the plug-in but I cannot really find any option regarding this. I deactivated a few other options that might be linked like disable embeds but nothing changed. The lightbox is still opening.

I have also not a single lightbox js plug in or so active…
Hoping for more suggestions or another point in the direction :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Jens

Hey there,

Thank you for replying with that information.

Can you create a temporary admin user and share the credentials with me.
I’d like to login to you dashboard to investigate the issue some more.

Best Regards,
Support.

Dear Support,
I double deactivated all plug-ins that could do something with a fancy box. After deacting them it worked. After some quick checks I could narrow it down to a wp gallery plug-in. Changing there the settings from “Fancy Box” to “Shutter” or any other JS script did the trick!
Thank you very much!
Jens

Hello there,

I am glad that you found a solution.
Please feel free to contact us again in the future regarding any other issues.

Best Regards,
Support