Menu items constantly reverting back to “Untitled” label

Hi there I have a site using the Shapely theme and all of a sudden today after publishing an URL-linked page and changing it to public all items in the navigation menu have changed to have the label “Unititled” - “Unbenannt”.

After fixing this in Appearance –> Menu the items appear correctly however instantly revert back to Untitled. Tried many times as well as clearing cache of the site, removing different plugins in case of conflict and testing 3 different browsers with no success. Also tried editing via the WordPress customize feature with the same issue. Wondering if this is a known issue with the theme?? I also tried to create a complete new Menu, but there is the same problem.

Please help me :slight_smile: Its a school-website an im a teacher and created the website in my freetime. Because of that its very important.

https://salier-realschule.de

Hi there.

There are no theme features that could affect menus in such a way. It is not possible. You should conduct security audits on your website to ensure that it is free from malware or any malicious software.

Regards.

that happened to me when i installed a plugin to remove page titles. it just changed all titles and menu labels to ‘Untitled’ - which is not very useful…

Hi there.

In this case, you need to remove the mentioned plugin if it’s causing those problems.

If there is anything else I can help with