Mobile menu appears in desktop browser

Hi guys,

I am having in issue whereby on certain pages, the mobile “hamburger” menu appears in the header (upper left) even though I am using a standard desktop browser (I checked chrome, FF and edge they all have the issue). The only pages it happens are those where I display data from the wpDataTables plugin, however I have tried many other themes but can only see the issue when using Sparkling.

Here is a page with the issue: Data Tables
All other pages behave like the front page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dennis

hello Dennis

I see it only in data tables page,
Can you tell me what modifications you have added in the theme?

Hi Noda,

Yes you are right - as mentioned the hamburger menu only appears on the data page.

Just to make sure that I didn’t mess this up with customizations, I went ahead and setup a brand new wordpress site, installed the theme Sparkling, then installed the wpDataTables plugin and created a data page. Without any customizations whatsoever this issue occurs (data pages only as mentioned).

So the short answer is that there are no customizations - it is all out of the box stuff.

Is there any css magic that can help here?

Thanks
Dennis

Hello Dennis

i see now you have some changes on the page, i cant see hamburger menu anymore on the page, were you able to manage?

Nothing has changed, you can still see the hamburger menu here:

“Here is a page with the issue: Data Tables

Thanks

Dennis

Not sure what you are looking at?? The following page still has the hamburger menu:
Data Tables

It is in the upper left portfion of the header - could you please confirm you are seeing it?

Thanks

Dennis

Hello Dennis

Please take a look at this screenshot

Agree - as mentioned in my original post, the issue is only occurring on one page which is here: Data Page

All others including the one on your screenshot do NOT have the issue. Here is a screenshot of the Data Page which does have the issue:

Can you confirm that when you click on Data Page you see the hamburger menu as depicted in the above screenshot?

Thanks

Dennis

Ups, sorry :slight_smile:

this problem is caused by the wpdatatables codecanion plugin if you deactivate it the problem will disappear, but if the plugin is must have you can use this css:

@media (min-width: 768px){
.navbar-toggle {
display: none !important;
}
}

Thanks - this did the trick and I also double-checked that the menu is still appearing on mobile.

Thanks again,

Dennis

Dennis, you did not add code with important tag,
if you want to hide hamburger menu completely use this code:

.navbar-toggle {
display: none !important;
}

How i said this is a problem that cause by third-party plugin